Username Password: Remember me

I think it is about time...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: I think it is about time...

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13898

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
that we, the TWK community do a SC2 Tournament. I think it would be best to do in a knock out format over a period of weeks that way it allows people to play any time during the week that both players agree upon. This way we can find out who is at the top of the food chain, hopefully not big head (you know who you are) I was planning to run it but if anyone else wants to step up, they are welcome. Also ideas will be welcome and obviously we need to see how many people that are interested first also before anything is done.

I am thinking that it will be in a knockout format over a period of weeks (dependant on how many are interested)

The time of the matches can be arranged by the two players involved but will have to be played sometime from monday - saturday to give me sunday to do the upcoming fixtures for the next week. Would be nice to know when the match will be played though as others in the community can watch or cheer yous on. A simple post on the forums indicating time when it will be played will be fine. xD

The game will be 1v1, on faster speed setting, no handicaps and on the map which is chosen for that week. Spectators are welcome to watch the match but obviously no hints and tips over ts3,steam etc.

If the result of the game can be sent to me over steam, that would be good, if not post it on here.

So if 8 people sign up there should be a total of four games the first week, four the second week and two the third week, if we do the losers bracket. If not it will be four matches week 1, two matches week 2 and one match week 3.

This is all that i can think of at the moment, obviously suggestions on improvements and tweaking are welcome. I tried to make it viable for all players to be able to play, active and not so active by not giving a fixed time. I am also thinking of a losers bracket aswell, so if their is 8 players, the first four who get knocked out go into their own knockout. Just say if you think i am being retarded, just thought it would be quite fun and generate some banter and creates a way where we play against each other competitively and can win bragging rights properly

Players signed up:
Gazza
Johan
Lee
Tin
Eski
Vogon
Ncore
Dynamical
Vapour
Dreamstate
Liger
Al Asif
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13902

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I like it even though Im probably gonna be one of those first four who gets beaten.
So sign me up.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13904

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
Hi im (big head)

What could also be good if people are able to, Live stream it. This will allow the newer players to watch, or people to watch from work, or on mobile phones etc if there not at there pc.

But i think its definetly a good idea, and i can help you organise it if you want

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13905

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I think this is a great idea!

I'm in (although I will get owned in no time).

I think we can maybe record the matches and then do some videos too.

Anyway, we can setup a special SC2 forum section just for this if you guys wish.

Anything you think is needed please feel free to message me
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13907

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
Count me in

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13908

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
I think a individual forum for this may be good. although depending on sign ups, it may have to be a league? but all depends on amount signed up. a section to see clearly who has signed up will be good. thanks Vogon! XD
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13911

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
ofc im in ill shwo u my pwnage as random!
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13913

• dynamicaL
  • Senior Boarder
I'll play (lose terribly)

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13914

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Done.

Eski, please take care of sorting the list of players and stuff, no time for me atm
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: I think it is about time... 13 years, 8 months ago #13915

• Ncore
  • Platinum Boarder
I WIll finish last:D

Give me Karma!
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds