Sad news..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sad news..

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11083

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I dont think I will be playing this game for a while. Im just too tired of being kicked by PB because THEY have a bad connection. Sometimes it happens as I spawn sometimes it happens after several rounds. I press the spawn button and after 5 sec I spawn. But it says I have a ping of 146. I never had these problems before last patch so I think its something there. This is why I never play beta, because I dont want a bug filled experience *sigh*

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11088

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
have u tried disabling firewall? (if u have any)

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11089

• slaB
  • Administrator
It's not a bad ping at all, about everyone in BC2 have a ping between 90 and 230. But some things you might try:
- Run PBSETUP
- Run PBSVC
- Un-install / Re-install\
- Make sure PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB are both running in Services.msc (type services.msc in Run)
- Restart PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB via Services.msc
- Allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe to access the internet, throught the firewall/router (ports*)
- Delete PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB internet access, then re-assigned access
- Sign in with a different persona
- Make sure all viruses/malware/spyware is removed.
- Turn your firewall completely off

Also, try starting your PC with no unessensial programs/services running, then try and play BC2.
Goto Run, type msconfig, go to the services-tab, then tick "Hide all microsoft-services" and then Deactivate all. Also go to Start-up tab (I don't know what it is in English, but you should be able to understand ) and deactivate most programs except programs like soundmanager/grapichs control center or mouse/keyboard software. GLHF!

*PunkBuster Clients use outgoing UDP Port 24349 to get security info from the PunkBuster Master Servers, PunkBuster Servers use UDP Ports 24349 and 24305.

ALSO, a list over known conflicting software:
* Get Right
* DU Super Controler
* Macro Toolsworks
* Girder 3.2
* PRTG Traffic Grapher
* CyberCorder: cybrcrdr.exe
* Paessler Router Traffic Grapher: prtg4.exe
* 3dnasys.exe
* mIRCStats

If this doesn't help, send in a support ticket here:
www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php?game=bc2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11091

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Thanks for the help, gonna try and see if those things help..

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11092

• slaB
  • Administrator
Np, just shout if you encounter antoher problem

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11093

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
First I tried updating it, no luck.
Then I tried reinstalling it, updating it and putting both A.exe and B.exe versions of punkbuster to be allowed internet access. Didnt help

The weird thing for me is that I can play sometimes several rounds before it happens so it must work as its suppose to up to a certain point. My guess is that its failing in communication between the server and PB. Cause my connection is not having problems elsewhere..

Gonna try disabling my firewall..

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11099

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
First I tried updating it, no luck.
Then I tried reinstalling it, updating it and putting both A.exe and B.exe versions of punkbuster to be allowed internet access. Didnt help

The weird thing for me is that I can play sometimes several rounds before it happens so it must work as its suppose to up to a certain point. My guess is that its failing in communication between the server and PB. Cause my connection is not having problems elsewhere..

Gonna try disabling my firewall..

If your machine is directly attached to the internet, you will be pwned in seconds... beware.

If you are behind a router, does firewall even make any sense?!

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11105

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
I know, havnt tried disabling it yet. And when Im thinking about it, I rather stop playing then disabling my firewall. Because if its my firewall thats the problem then I cant play anyway.

I read that the reason there is a delay when im trying to enter combat is because BC2 is trying to save my weapon setup to a file on my comp, wich triggers the AV program to scan it. So I tried disabling the deepguard that I think scans those files to see if it helps. It didnt help with spawn time and its too early to know if it solved my PB problem..

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11106

• slaB
  • Administrator
Your AV should have been disabled when you disabled all services (except the microsoft ones).

Re: Sad news.. 13 years, 12 months ago #11108

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Spawn time, for me, last time I saw, takes between 30 to 200 seconds on my pc... pb I don't know... But I have no firewall either active or antivirus... (even installed.. )

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds