(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Autobalance...

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10730

• xepha
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've literally just seen your BFBC2 server deserted after the apparent autobalance failed to do anything about the unbalanced teams.

It was really quite pathetic to see a stacked team spamming the spawn points, with player after player leaving the server.

Only moments before, the server was full. Then after a round had ended, a group of players on the losing side obviously left. The next game was a catastrophe.

Since the in-game chat is essentially disabled (can't chat while dead - hideous language filter) I just wanted to vent here.

Other than that, great server...

(It is actually in my favourites).

Yours frustratedly,

Xepha

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10732

• slaB
  • Administrator
I don't know if there is a working autobalance function in BFBC2, but I do know there is an autobalance tool in the 3rd party admin tool we're using. We will of course take a look at this asap. And yeah, don't like what they have done with the chat either, a real pain. I haven't noticed that the censoring is annoying, what do you mean with "hideous language filter"? I'll have a look at the censor list.

Btw, downloaded the latest update for our 3rd party admin tool and it (the actual update) was corrupt... Have to wait for the new release, shouldn't take long though! Hang in there

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10733

• xepha
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Don't worry too much about the language filter - probably just me trying to um.. shout at people..

But I think what was most disturbing was the fact that there was a large message being flashed in the middle of the screen suggesting people should switch teams because autobalance was about to kick in. And it never did.

I did switch, but by that time it was game over. And with the chat functionality the way it is, there was no way to communicate with anyone that the base raping that was occuring was about to kill a mostly full server...

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of game servers (I just play) but it seems that the autobalance takes a while to kick in (Autobalance coming (I believe) with the recent server update (R9 is it? not sure...).

It does seem that servers (in general) have seemed to have been more balanced recently. When the game first came out, the team stacking was horrible which is why this particular game struck me as out of the ordinary and hence my post.

I don't know, maybe there isn't much a server admin can do until there are further server updates.

P.s. Sorry if I came across as a shouty/whiney person - I don't normally even post much on game forums!

-Xeph'

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10734

• slaB
  • Administrator
The R9 update, "* Autobalance improved, it shuffles people both during and between rounds now, and does a better job."
So yeah, it contains an improvment of the autobalance. So as I said, we will be looking into it.
Also, thanks for posting your complaint

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10735

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
On the subject of server rules. Is it possible to list some rules in the area where the text is that tells the player how to reach the community?
I saw it in BF2 that many servers listed rules that could result in admin attention.
Would be nice to have a "dont baserape" or something. Maybe a laungage/be nice thing aswell?

Glad you enjoy the server xepha. I usualy try and tell people to stop baserape when it happens. Even if Im on the winning team thats doing it. Its a problem on these maps when the basespawn doesnt have a backdoor out that players can use. I also tend to switch team when needed to balance them out.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10737

• slaB
  • Administrator
I asked DS if we could put up some simple rules, but that wasn't possible AT THE TIME, because of all the restrictions. I don't know if it's possible to change now either, but ask DS.

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10739

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I've had a look today - still issues seem to plague the game.

The latest news is that PB is disabled atm due to issues with PB (hence the auto-teambalance not working properly - can only warn, not enact).

Also, due to issues with R9, we are being offered to roll back to R8 - LOL! However, atm we will stick with R9.

I've tried to append a few basic rules to the start config - might require a server restart. We may be able to add something more either to the graphic or text wise - I'm not sure how much text the box will take.

Join us at www.twkgaming.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Gaming and Social Network. PLEASE NOTE: No baseraping. Be nice. Play fair.

I'm gutted the basics are still not sorted - teambalance, in-game admin, punkbuster and res slots. I hope they will be soon
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10741

• slaB
  • Administrator
But DS, the admin tool in the BC2 Guardian (the 3rd party tool), doens't it have a autobalance function? Shouldn't we try it out, if it's working?

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10750

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I have a feeling it is working - ie. it seems to show a warning (Balance teams or kick!) and then you can choose an option if the message is ignored. However, with punkbuster disabled, I don't think it will do much more than warn a team as kick/ban are PB related.

It's worth trying out though.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Autobalance... 13 years, 11 months ago #10757

• slaB
  • Administrator
Was playing just now, seemed like it worked now anyways...
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds