And... need a review?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: And... need a review?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10220

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10222

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah, really, dust is a pain, it'a bit out of bounds...

I just would like the damned prone and run strafe back... crappy desingers...

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10228

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Why cant they realise that large scale games doesnt do well on console. Thats why the RTS is mainly a PC type of game, and the same reason large scale wargames dosnt belong in the console market. The lack of prone is idiotic. Try telling a soldier that "you are not allowed to lie behind that rock because we want a fast paced war" when his position is threatened by a tank wich he has no ability to do anything about. I have personaly noticed that most complains about snipers comes from players who tend to play games on smaller maps where the sniper can reach all over the map. I have never had sniper problem in BF2 because if a certain sniper pinned you down there where several ways to get to him by going around cause the map was HUGE! BF2 had 3 diffrent map sizes of the same map depending of the max amount of players. The max player limit in BC2 is 32, thats what 1 team had in BF2 on the largest maps.

A sniper found a good hiding place to take me out? Then I can only applaud as he has used his brain and found a good spot. To get passed him I just grab a tank or something armoured and kill him. Thats what APCs are for! It requires communication ofc. If the players today refuses to communicate then its their own damn fault if they die. I dont want a realistic war simulation but I dont want tools that help me pinpoint my enemy by using metainfo. Its like sitting in a internet cafe and realise that the person shooting at you sits next to you and start looking at his screen to see where he is. I rather die over and over by a player with supreme skill than by someone who cant play "fair". Damn that was more steam than I thought..

I want my prone, I want a warlike experiance. But it aint a bad game, just got some flaws. Thats enough ranting from me for a long while... wasntme:

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10230

• slaB
  • Administrator
Lol, funny!
So from now on, we call it a DPPFFRWSIWWBTONOTMTWHAAFAPAHD - shooter

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10231

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
i didnt buy it so i win by default of not veing affected either way (although i ofc agree consoles need putting in their ruddy place -.-)
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10232

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
slaB wrote:
Lol, funny!
So from now on, we call it a DPPFFRWSIWWBTONOTMTWHAAFAPAHD - shooter

You had to pause the video.. didn't ya?

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10233

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
BC2 lack of playing features is one of those things, if it was developed around.. 20 years ago, run, jump, strafe, duck and prone... why remove them?! OFC

After playing mass effect 2, I really laugh at the run/jump/use all in one key. OMG, another stupid idea.. why?!

Lets say, someone has less fingers and can't play the darned game? Bind keys for those player and leave the rest untouched.

I have no idea where do game developers get this ways to change so simple things, even developing new networking libs, geeez, like developing new compressions schemes, its pointless and complete waste of time.

I believe in order to get a server list (yes, a simple text with all servers) cannot ever take more than 1 or 2 secs, not minutes OFC, since ranked servers must be registered in some database, the only thing that may take some time was pinging them, but that can be done on the fly AFTER getting the damned list (like CS:S does) and CS:S does not really maintains a server list, its rather volatile on the master server browser.

I do have problems with coders and devs, yesterday I had a quite HOT discussion with a app coder as he was doing the same job as me (deploying virtual machines) when thats my job, not his, his job was to code and develop on the mahcines I provide, since all his work is doubled when migrating from dev to production... coders tend to be a bunch of arses I like to kick

Really, I want my prone, or at least a duck and stay there ducked position, not a keep pressing the darned key to keep prone or ducked, that suckz.

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10234

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
BC2 lack of playing features is one of those things, if it was developed around.. 20 years ago, run, jump, strafe, duck and prone... why remove them?! OFC

After playing mass effect 2, I really laugh at the run/jump/use all in one key. OMG, another stupid idea.. why?!

Lets say, someone has less fingers and can't play the darned game? Bind keys for those player and leave the rest untouched.

2 words: Console controllers

They lack the buttons and easy access that a keyboard provide. Most FPS games still have a slight aimbot installed because its harder for them to do what a PC player can with a mouse. Thats why they make the controls simple. They claim that they removed prone because it didnt work with the game. I think its because they reached the max amount of buttons on a control and couldnt find a way to fit it into one of the other buttons with a combo. Im just glad we talk about the multiplayer experiance here or I could rant on almost forever..

Re: And... need a review? 14 years, 1 month ago #10235

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
oh and love the quote in the end text of the review "I think it would be ok with Russian rule as long as they keept their sweet national anthem"

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds