TOPIC: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years, 1 month ago #10163

• slaB
  • Administrator
Updated: 22.03.2010 (dd.mm.yyyy)

Update name - 523648
Changes:
• Server browser downloads 100 entries instead of 500 in a chunk – this makes the “Cancel” button more responsive
• Fixed crash during server browser refresh
• Low-level networking library switched back to the optimized version (the game client was temporarily running with one that had more debugging logic in it)
• Localization fixes in the scoreboard
• Server browser ping handling code modified

Updated: 15.03.2010 (dd.mm.yyyy)

Update name - 522175
Changes:
Single Player -
Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
Fixed: Server Browser - Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
Fixed: Display issue on long server names
Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen
Change: All clan tags will automatically be preceeded by [ and closed off with ] to prevent impersonating other players.

STEAM
Change: The STEAM version of Battlefield Bad Company 2 will no longer have SecuROM on the exe file. Instead it will use Valves own DRM instead.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years, 1 month ago #10165

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
Nice, at least they are getting stuff done (:
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years, 1 month ago #10172

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Good idea for this topic mate, will sticky it, whenever new info available update please!
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years, 1 month ago #10195

• slaB
  • Administrator
New [b]server[b] update, one now and one very soon (over the weekend or so).
Updated: 24.03.2010 (dd.mm.yyyy)

Current
We are sending out new servers to our providers called "R5". They will be testing them out and changing over the servers by tomorrow evening. This server contains some fixes for the "Connection to the server has been lost" message that a lot of you will have seen.

Over the weekend
We are also working on making another new server over the weekend as EA has set up some dedicated front-end boxes just for Battlefield Bad Company 2 which we will update the server to use and should work to improve the stability of connections to EA for everyone.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years ago #10198

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
From Killer Support on the 22nd.

At around 15:30 (GMT) today, we will be rolling out the latest server update (R7) from DICE. This is an automated process and will take approximately 1 hour to complete.

Update R7 Changelist:

- Several common crash fixes. Especially those which have monitoring scripts that rely on the Remote Admin interface should see stability improvements.

- PunkBuster can send commands to Remote Admin interface (so 'pb_sv_task 0 -1 <stuff to send to admin interface>' works)

- Veteran-rank handling corrected (it was broken in R6 and possibly earlier)

- Switched back to Release version of the low-level networking library; less debug output but higher performance

- Increased the initial server reconnection interval to 30+rand(30) seconds

- PB GUID generation is now based on EA account IDs (it used to be based on persona names)

So we're on R7....
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years ago #10204

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
from: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
date: Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:49 AM
subject: BC2: R8 Server Update
signed-by: killercreation.co.uk

Hi there,

From 07:00 (GMT) this morning, we will be rolling out DICE's latest R8 server update. This will take approximately 1 hour to complete and all servers should be updated by 08:00.

R8 Change list:

- Workaround for the "player manages to join server twice" crash. Now the server detects this and refuses the player entry. Client might hang but it will not take down the server as well.

- Workaround for the "cannot join player to any team" crash. Teams might get uneven, most notably SQDM sessions with 5v3 players, but the server should no longer crash.

- Game sends PB output to pbucon (so pb webtool can be used to run PB commands and see their results)

Kind regards

KC Staff

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years ago #10208

• slaB
  • Administrator
Nice, finally a wave of updates blessing our servers and game experience

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years ago #10356

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Below is the changelog for server update R9. No ETA as yet, and with it being Easter, it'll most likely be nearer the end of next week.

1) admin.say command implemented
- the output currently looks a bit funky on the game client, like so: Player: [Server]: <text>
but with the next game client it will look like: Server: <text>

2) admin.yell to squad has changed (you need to specify both team and squad)

3) squad numbering has changed - the "no squad" squad has ID 0, and real squads are 1 and up.

4) Autobalance improved, it shuffles people both during and between rounds now, and does a better job. No way to turn it off via admin interface yet I think.

5) mapList* commands reworked

6) banList* commands reworked

7) listPlayers command added

admin.listPlayers command reworked (GUID, kills, deaths, ping and score added)

9) Players have non-PB GUIDs now (these are distinct from PB GUIDs)

10) onChat event reworked
- now it specifies target player subset as well
- shows text before profanity filtering
- client-originated chat messages starting with "/" make it to the server, and broadcast via onChat, but are not broadcast to other game clients
- use "/!<command>" if you want to be able to send commands to your homemade rcon tools without showing the commands to other players

11) player.onAuthenticated added (it's triggered when a player receives GUID)

12) player.onSquadChange, player.onTeamChange implemented

13) Couple of crash fixes

14) Support for "region" setting

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years ago #10633

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
We have just sent out servers labelled R9 to the server providers.
Our initial plan of forcing PB to be ON when ranked mode is enabled has been delayed until R10. This is to allow us to gather some extra information from Punkbuster enabled servers to ensure all PB related issues are gone before we switch to PB ON = Ranked.

The other changes are as follows:

* admin.say command implemented
- the output currently looks a bit funky on the game client, like so: Player: [Server]: <text>
but with the next game client it will look like: Server: <text>
* admin.yell to squad has changed (you need to specify both team and squad)
* squad numbering has changed – the “no squad” squad has ID 0, and real squads are 1 and up.
* Autobalance improved, it shuffles people both during and between rounds now, and does a better job.
* mapList* commands reworked
* banList* commands reworked
* listPlayers command added
* admin.listPlayers command reworked (GUID, kills, deaths, ping and score added)
* Players have non-PB GUIDs now (these are distinct from PB GUIDs)
* onChat event reworked
- now it specifies target player subset as well
- shows text before profanity filtering
- client-originated chat messages starting with “/” make it to the server, and broadcast via onChat, but are not broadcast to other game clients
- use “/!<command>” if you want to be able to send commands to your homemade rcon tools without showing the commands to other players
* player.onAuthenticated added
* player.onSquadChange, player.onTeamChange implemented
* Couple of crash fixes
* Support for “region” setting
* banList.save bugfixed
* mapList.nextLevelIndex is always pointing out which map will be run during the next round (so during round 1 on a 2-round map, the nextLevelIndex will point to the map currently being played)
* exposed number of rounds per maps in maplist.txt, and via the remote admin commands

Example maplist:

RUSH
levels/mp_012gr # runs with default number of rounds for the map
levels/mp_012gr 0 # runs with default number of rounds for the map
levels/mp_012gr 1 # run 1 round
levels/mp_012gr 2 # run 2 rounds
levels/mp_012gr 3 # run 3 rounds

Example console commands:

mapList.append levels/mp_012gr # add map with default number of rounds
mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 0 # add map with default number of rounds
mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 1 # add map with 3 rounds
mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 2 # add map with 3 rounds
mapList.append levels/mp_012gr 3 # add map with 3 rounds
mapList.list # get maplist
-> OK “levels/mp_012gr” “levels/mp_012gr” “levels/mp_012gr”

mapList.list magic_extra_argument_which_will_be_named_in_an_hou r_or_so # get maplist, including number of rounds
-> OK “levels/mp_012gr” “0” “levels/mp_012gr” “3” “levels/mp_012gr” “0” # get pairs of <mapname, number of rounds> where 0 = default for that gamemode

serverInfo
-> OK <stuff that is shown already today> “2” # After the current round finishes, there are 2 rounds left to play on the current map

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Changelogs 14 years ago #10690

• slaB
  • Administrator
Looks like we can remove the 3rd party admin tool soon and start using ingame commands Eventhough I like our current tool very much...
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds