Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BF2 BC2

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10113

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well... this game is one of those that I really, REALLY hope to serve as an example on how NOT to make and release a game.

After a public beta, a few edges should have been trimmed, and looks like, none have been even thought off

- Server browser... I hate aging looking into a twirl thingie.. 5 seconds is already a lot of time to wait for a server list refresh.. I've timed 2:30 minutes sleeping in front, average is 30 to 1 minute wait... Sometimes the list comes in less than 15 seconds..

- No strafe while running - Its STUPID. period.

- PB stuff.. getting randomly kicked of game server for no reasons... buggy buggy buggy, not PB, bc2 is.

- Load times with ATI cards cause of the shaders... Shouldn't have been spotted in the beta?!?!

- Random EA crashes causing points loss... geezzz..

- Stupid, REALLY stupid client server protocol (hence soo slow), Yes, i've tcp and udp dumped it... QUIT inventing wheels, stupid programmers.

- Most of the times, my steam crashes or tends to hang a bit after closing the game... Beta?!?!

I'm just a bit pissed today, hence I had to wear a tie (bacalhau, cod fish) all day and do presentation work for a very weird audience... military.. geeeezzz.

Anyway, the game is quite cool, ate least I like it and will be palying it for a long time.. I hope (damn helis, hard to manage)

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10114

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
I'll still play it a little - but it's definately the worst Battlefield game I have ever experienced! BF2 and BF2142 ftw - they were fantastic.

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10117

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I think its something "normal" for EA. Its reputation for releasing unfinished games is big.

All of the points Tunes mentions are spot on, but I think it they will be issued (eventually in a not so near future... LOL).

Dice has released a server upgrade 2 days after the launch, and I think its something you get when you jump into the front of the thing, you get buggy software, buggy servers etc...

As for PB disconnects its due to the PB master servers not handling the load. I have read they are doing upgrades to the master but will take some time.

Again its a game I really like and as I said previously its not actually all games that make me keep playing instead of CSS.

I think with time it will be improved, but for now, we have the bugs to keep us company... LOL
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10118

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
And just to add, even with all these bugs our server is 24/7 full most of the time...

Game Server Rank: 265th (95th Percentile)
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10119

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
VoGon wrote:
I think with time it will be improved, but for now, we have the bugs to keep us company... LOL

Perhaps thats where the name Bad Company came from ??

Yeah, I agree with all above - it's a great shame though.

I think what annoys me most is that they have a huge team there and we are still waiting for some fixes a couple of weeks in.

Even if they just released what are imho the two fixes that would make things bearable whilst they sort out the rest; Res slots and team balance. I don't mind too much being kicked sometimes (it hasn't happened much to me thankfully) but if I could guarantee I (and the community) could join the server again without issue it would be bearable. We should get our first months money back from EA/DICE seeing as we not only purchased the game but had the goodwill to support it by paying for a server as well!!
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10120

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
For the server!

As the list for empty is getting longer and longer

The game is good, scenario, weapons and other stuff, really.

But those "little" sharp edges do make some scars...

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10122

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Moved this to the appropriate section...

So, since 12:pm yesterday...

[attachment=0:1rlwizwp]<!-- ia0 19.03.2010.gif<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1rlwizwp]

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10123

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
geeezzzz, is a non stop server Nice!

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10124

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
For me as an old BF2 player it feels sad to see such a broken release. This is their 3rd maybe 4th release since BF2 and they even mention that BF2 is their strongest release to date with the strongest player base. And still they include almost none of bf2 features or smooth server search. The game is unbalanced, unfinished and unpolished. But it is a damn good game!! The things I would like to see are:

1) Autobalance, this is especially important since so many "jump ship" and join the winning side when it goes bad.
2) Weapon balance
2a) Knifes shouldnt 1 shot when you are under fire
2b) When people snipe with a LMG you know something is weird.
3) 1 way out of the bases, spells base rape. BF2 didnt even have this. Bases need 2 ways in/out.
4) Reserved slots should work
5) Many unlockable weapons dont show until after the round, or not at all. Yes old veteran rifle im looking at you! Im 3 ranks above Body armour unlock but it still hasnt unlocked.
6) Many weapons state they are best fired in a prone position in the in-game description. But there is no prone, duh! I can see how they intended LMG to work here but when they removed prone they forgot to change the LMG mechanic aswell.

But when this game works its wonderful, it just needs some tweaks, patience and a better publisher. I cant do anything else than to feel sorry for DICE and Bioware for picking a publisher with such a bad reputation. I hope EA learns something from this and are better prepered next time, when BF3 is released

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: BF2 BC2 14 years ago #10125

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, about the unlocks, till now they all showed up, although I'm still level 4...

I forgot about the prone position... does it make any sense a sniper without prone?!?!?!?! NO! nuff said.

Those are two movement things I do really hate on the game, prone and run strafe, where the hell was their mind?? Devoloping a new protocol?!?!? STUPID.

I just hope DICE correct this things in a (very) near future patch, other wise we'll see lots of players leave the game and back to the previous bf.

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds