Skill Surf remark
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skill Surf remark

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9431

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
The auto-revive thing is quite good, but ruins the map ones the timer of the map round runs out -> in which all players go to a battle arena where they have to fight till 1 team is dead...

Up till now i just slayed everyone at the same time after a 1 - 2 min battle. But i'm not always on, and the map is starting to get some regulars !!

So perhaps just make an Big advert rotation, frequently telling people what to do onces they die while surfing ( Join spectator & rejoin a team ) and erase that auto-revive mod?

PS : I really love the countdown timer @ the end of every map. ( A countdown of 10 seconds and the sounds of a timebomb ) I think it would be well fit for some other TWK servers ?

Regards

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9458

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Yeah, the auto-respawn is proving to be a pain

I set it yesterday to only revive new players so in theory it should no longer cause the problem with maps that go into a battle.

However, it will now not work on maps that need it.

surf_fruits and surf_vegetables are very popular, what maps in the list require instant respawn and I'll sort it out.

To do this I will install a new respawn plugin as its not possible to set the current one on a per map basis - it just don't work I was looking last night at putting the DM part of GGDM on to handle the respawn but I might go for SM:DM and just remove the weapons menu. This way, for maps that do not need it, it can be disabled easily.

The countdown is used on DM also but it does not wait for round end - it just ends the map on timer end - most of the servers are better to finish the round. I was toying with putting it on surf but atm I'm more thinking, if its popular and busy, don't touch it!
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9459

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
EDIT:

Have a new autorespawn ready which can be set on a per map basis - what maps do we need to auto-respawn on?

I'll make sure its enabled on those maps

My SoundCloud

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9460

• ReAPeR
  • Fresh Boarder
Yo, i also like the countdown timer, also once when map ending it went

Visit www.TWKGAMING.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , for information
end of the round
end of the round
end of the round
changing map to....

i just thought that advert was good timing and was wondering if there was any way to input it into the end countdown )

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9462

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Interesting idea

I'll have a look into it although I think it will be difficult - but if achievable it would rock

My SoundCloud

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9490

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
DreamState wrote:
EDIT:

Have a new autorespawn ready which can be set on a per map basis - what maps do we need to auto-respawn on?

I'll make sure its enabled on those maps

Yeah i realised myself that that timer will only do his job on DM servers. Realised too late ( already posted it )

I think every map ends in a battle arena( Fruits, Godlike, Vegetable, Platinum ), but when players die, caused to an enemy knifing him or him landing incorrectly they need to respawn.

One more thing; could the map duration be made less long? it feels as if it takes an hour for the map to change on itself.

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9491

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Pooky wrote:
One more thing; could the map duration be made less long? it feels as if it takes an hour for the map to change on itself.

I'll reduce it to 30 minutes? - its set to 40 atm.

As far as the respawn for knifing, the only thing I can do is remove the knife - I'll do that tonight - it shouldn't be needed on skill surf until the battle bit. The respawn works just all or nothing unfortunately. Fruits and Vegetables I know have an automatic respawn built into the map. These will need the respawn plugin off obviously. The others that need it off will also need their own system within the map. I removed godlike as seemed to be causing a lot of issues.

Are there any that need respawn on might be a better question! I'll try and come on and play some of the maps tonight/tomorrow. For skill surf we need maps more like fruits and vegetables - no jails or weapons, just surfing.

My SoundCloud

Re: Skill Surf remark 14 years, 2 months ago #9521

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
The admin chat isn't working & some commands aren't either ( Teamswitch )

& yes come play on it from time to time D
Greets

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds