Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Mega Server

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

The Mega Server 14 years, 3 months ago #9211

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
A suggestion for the mega server is to add some bots like on the GG servers. This would help populate it as the first players have something to play against. I would add 4 since when 4 or more players join the bots are replaced and the stats system kicks in aswell. I know some ppl wont join when bots are on but the first person to join have to do so with a friend or it wont be fun at all without opponents.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: The Mega Server 14 years, 3 months ago #9214

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Good idea there Johan

We will look into this, it requires to set up nav files for all maps so bots can join (and it will take a bit of time to do them) and then should be sorted.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: The Mega Server 14 years, 3 months ago #9224

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
My personal opinion is that we need to do a mass recruit, and keep it on the very basic standard maps for the time being.
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: The Mega Server 14 years, 3 months ago #9251

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Mass recruits never ever ends well imo. When we decided wich maps we shall use and got it working with 4 bots(If we decide to use them), I think we need a regular event that we announce in advance before each time in the Steam/TWK community. That way we get those who wants to play to join and after a couple of times we will see if its popular enough to stand on its own feet without the regular event.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds