new maps on wcs server?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: new maps on wcs server?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9029

• sperify
  • Fresh Boarder
have some maps id would be very happy if they got added on on the warcraft server

www.fpsbanana.com/maps/124167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; poolparty map
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/123171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shotgun map small and simple not like helms deep
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/41827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; jungle themed deagle map
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/18480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; small map, simpson is always fun
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/21239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; two towers version but still quite different, i think its more fun
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/31339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; really fun map
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/19337" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; paintball map some will call it a aim map...
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/11871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; tmp map
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/18925" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; quite big map for times when server is full and looks really fun
www.fpsbanana.com/maps/14681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; knife map since we got alot of knife races and its populare

based on popularity of maps and ppl tend to not buying guns because buying tomes instead. if u take look of what maps that are populare on server atm i think this maps will be welcomed and played

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9030

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Thank you !

Will look in to them as soon as possible, won't be for tomorow, cause tomorow is my B-Day ! angel:

Greets

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9034

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
Some good maps there!

Happy birthday tomoz pookz

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9035

Like most of the maps, I just fear the knife map as I think it will be totally harsh to new players etc

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9036

• sperify
  • Fresh Boarder
happy birthday pooky--
i played on another wcs before and that knife map was one of the most populare maps ever on that server

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9077

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
I looked at all of them. Some are too big in size ( 3 Mb+ ) which will lead to a long download & which is not the best idea. ( Conormation from senior admins on what the max size is for a fluent download ? )

I've added them on the test server & they'll be tested.

Pooky

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9079

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Pooky wrote:
I looked at all of them. Some are too big in size ( 3 Mb+ ) which will lead to a long download & which is not the best idea. ( Conormation from senior admins on what the max size is for a fluent download ? )

I've added them on the test server & they'll be tested.

Pooky

Size depends on what size they bzip to as this is what will be downloaded.

The WCS server is popular so it could afford some larger maps. Around the 20/25 mb UNzipped would be a fair 'maximum' type of map size - very few are more than this (xmas_nipperhouse is 27mb unzipped and ze_death_star_escape_v4_2 for the zombie server is 50+mb unzipped!).

A good average medium is 10-15mb UNzipped for a reasonably speedy download and 3-6mb unzipped for a fast dl but most people have fast enough connections nowadays.

For reference, xmas_nipperhouse is 27mb unzipped but compresses to 13mb when bzipped - that depends on the map though. 13-15mb bzipped is a good maximum for downloads.

At the end of the day, if the maps good, put it on anyway - it might be a pain for people to download it in the first place, but once its done, its done.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9081

• sperify
  • Fresh Boarder
btw its about time to remove that simpson city map.... everyone complains on it and its lots of bugs on it

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9084

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
sperify wrote:
btw its about time to remove that simpson city map.... everyone complains on it and its lots of bugs on it

Yeah i'm one that hates that map Should we be removing the xmas maps now?

Re: new maps on wcs server? 14 years, 3 months ago #9085

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Oh 13 Mb, right.

Then all the maps are fit the max in the list of Sperify is one of 11 Mb

I'll erase simpsons, but i propose to keep the xmas_ones, they do no harm

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds