• Page:

TOPIC: Vote for fun

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Vote for fun 14 years, 4 months ago #8465

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Hello

He we are ( again), hope you guys haven't gotten bored of reading my ideas

Anyhuw, i was wondering if the admins could make the normal serverplay precedure a bit more fun by manually starting "fun rounds"

With this i mean :

1) The admind starts a sm_vote asking "Is anyone in for a fun round ??!!" or something in that direction and giving the answering options "Wuuhuu, hit me!" or "Euhm, let's try something easy as a starter ?" or "No thanks"

2) These diffirent answers are then linked with different acions made by the admin such as

* Changing sv_frition to -1, 0 or 2 instead of the normal 4( makes you move in a funny way, that's how i'd discribe it )
* Changing sv_accelerate to -5 or -8 ( This one will make your movement keys turn around so forward <-> backwards, left <-> right ) Or change them above the normal 5 to make the people move quicker.
* Changing sv_gravity to 200 - 600 instead of 800

2-bis) If the players chose for the first option( hard lvl), we can combine chaning multible settings. If they chose the second one( easy lvl), you can chose between one of them. I have tried it out on dedi server and found the combination "sv_accelerate -5 sv_friction 1" suited best for the Most difficult lvl.

3) After one round, the admin changes the settings back to normal

This is just an idea, i thought it might be fun for on the wcs server, since it's already a bit "more loosened up" then normal servers. Be well aware that in order to change all sv_ settings, the rcon password is needed.

If there are people whom might know any other fun command which could be used in this situation, feel free to post. There might be mods aswell which include fun commands, not sure.

This all might be out of the order, beceause after all we would be changing the server settings. Furthermore, these "fun rounds" ought to be limited to perhaps 1 a day, in order to keep them fun and not irritating.But I though I'd share the idea.

NOTE : If you are not sure what all this might do to the gameplay, just go to your Ccs game and creat a server and try them out, to get a beter view how all this would be ingame.

Thanks
Pooky

Re: Vote for fun 14 years, 4 months ago #8467

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
Definatly a good idea I think there are mods to do such a thing?

Re: Vote for fun 14 years, 4 months ago #8487

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
There are such scripts which can be installed using Mattie_eventscripts. ( The servers already have this installed )

Eventscripts is a program which forms, let's say, the base to use A LOT of different mods on the server. But the reason why i started this topic with the idea of changing settings manually, is because : The servers are already running quite some mods and i wouldn't want the servers to get overloaded with mods.

Pooks

Re: Vote for fun 14 years, 4 months ago #8488

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
We don't use Mani, its outdated and dead, we use sourcemod, maybe vogon can find a way to implement the thing.

Its a cool idea and imho not very hard to make, of couse, Vogon is the master on the subject and he will write his word here whe possible.

Re: Vote for fun 14 years, 4 months ago #8491

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
We don't use Mani, its outdated and dead, we use sourcemod, maybe vogon can find a way to implement the thing.

Its a cool idea and imho not very hard to make, of couse, Vogon is the master on the subject and he will write his word here whe possible.

I didn't mean Mani_admin plugin, but Mattie_eventrscipts

Check the site 1bjttrjv

Sorry for the mixup, it has been a while since I last used these things

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds