Username Password: Remember me

zm server anyone?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: zm server anyone?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

zm server anyone? 14 years, 7 months ago #7334

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I was just thinking that TWK has had almost every kind of mod I have ever seen (Private server included). Although the one I haven't yet seen is a zombie server!

Now I'm sure there are at least 2 others here that'll agree with me that zm servers a great fun and challenging, and I was thinking that it would be a great laugh with all of us on it (would be fun for compos too, like how many kills can you get as a zombie, or how many rounds can you survive).

If it was to replace a current server, the one I'd suggest is the pistols dm as it only has a max of like 4 people on in the day (and it's not perma so less people lost and possibly more people gained). If it is successfull I was also thinking that it might become permanant instead of just a temp change, but again that's only if the majority agree.

So, what do you guys think? I'm sure you know my answer by now

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 7 months ago #7336

• Demonic
  • Gold Boarder
Che ken wrote:
I was just thinking that TWK has had almost every kind of mod I have ever seen (Private server included). Although the one I haven't yet seen is a zombie server!

Now I'm sure there are at least 2 others here that'll agree with me that zm servers a great fun and challenging, and I was thinking that it would be a great laugh with all of us on it (would be fun for compos too, like how many kills can you get as a zombie, or how many rounds can you survive).

If it was to replace a current server, the one I'd suggest is the pistols dm as it only has a max of like 4 people on in the day (and it's not perma so less people lost and possibly more people gained). If it is successfull I was also thinking that it might become permanant instead of just a temp change, but again that's only if the majority agree.

So, what do you guys think? I'm sure you know my answer by now

I haven't played zombie mod alot, but it would be nice; maybe a mix of zombie and rpg or something?
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
~Bertrand Russell

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 7 months ago #7345

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
Pistol deathmatch is becoming more and more popular lately and its a nice server to have when warming up for a match. Also, people can join the pistol server any time regardless of how many are on the server, but a zombie server will only be attractive with 20+ players on. I believe there should be more focus on increasing and maintaining the popularity of our current servers.

In a past community I helped out with trying to populate a zombie server. It's hard work, especially as they tend to be very large slot servers. It requires a great deal of committed players(with a lot of time on their hands) to jump on and start the server up, which we don't quite have.
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7353

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually suggested this a few days ago inlove:

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7356

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Demonic wrote:
I haven't played zombie mod alot, but it would be nice; maybe a mix of zombie and rpg or something?

Zombie rpg would be too crazy lol, I'd boost up longjump to max and purposefully be a zombie xD

_vapour wrote:
Pistol deathmatch is becoming more and more popular lately and its a nice server to have when warming up for a match. Also, people can join the pistol server any time regardless of how many are on the server, but a zombie server will only be attractive with 20+ players on. I believe there should be more focus on increasing and maintaining the popularity of our current servers.

In a past community I helped out with trying to populate a zombie server. It's hard work, especially as they tend to be very large slot servers. It requires a great deal of committed players(with a lot of time on their hands) to jump on and start the server up, which we don't quite have.

Pistol DM was just my suggestion as it was least populated 90% of the time, plus with the right zombie maps or mods, I've seen servers that are almost iompossible to get on (one was a lila_panic 24/7, max of 34 players and there was almost always 34 players). Like the gg DM server, a little 'open day' would allow population to increase, getting others to join and play. I know a few of us are zm fans and that's all we need to get it started, you'd be surprised at how fast people can populate a zm server with the right maps (which all us zm fans with have loads of I'm sure ). It's also a type of mod I can play with touchpad so expect me to be on it all the time

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7358

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
This must be thought of, in the current situation, we are aiming to get all servers populated. In fact if we are able to make them all popular and full it will take its toll on the server hardware, so we might need to change to a more powerful machine and that as you may realize costs more. I would love to say immediately "hell yeah! lets go for it", but we must look at lots of factors.

I am interested in the idea a lot, and think it could be a good addition to the list, but like Vapour mentioned, there are a few considerations that need to be done.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7377

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
81.19.209.200:27110

Now go and play on it
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7379

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Muhahahahahaha! I shall GLADLY go and be thar!

I got 3 maps to suggest while I'm here

Lila_panic is a classic, and I remember a server with lila_panic_v2 (a cool version with an extra building and stuff) but I can't find it anymore So instead I bring you

www.fpsbanana.com/maps/106429:34jfimge (better than first version currently on server imo. Those gas tankers are just too easy a win spot - big ladder and shotty = NEVAH!)

www.fpsbanana.com/maps/90871:34jfimge Darker (better imo) and got some nice little features to it

www.fpsbanana.com/maps/109241:34jfimge Never played it, looks fun tho

Now if you'll excuse me, I don't have a cat so it must be my dad that sounds like he's trying to cough up a hairball (not feeling well). Night all!

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7382

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
Cheers guys for getting this up and running, I will be there helping populating it =D

Re: zm server anyone? 14 years, 6 months ago #7385

• Ncore
  • Platinum Boarder
Now ive just been playing, got 4 friends so we were total 5. me and tin god kicked for using twk tag:P was funSmile

Give me Karma!
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds