Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ping limit

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Ping limit 13 years ago #20612

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
Think it would be a gd idea to put an autokick ping limit on the servers or something, because when a guys walking around with a ping over 200 it gets pretty annoying. I'm guessing someone has brought this up before but i couldn't see any posts about it, so let me know what yous think.
GIMP!!!

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20614

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
It's a good suggestion but it doesn't happen that much. To install a new mod for those 10 persons who come online on server, its kinda overmodding the server which can occur in more server crashes.
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20619

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
fair enough, gotta do whatever yous can do stop the crashing.
GIMP!!!

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20626

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
high pingers are their problem, they don't cause any harm on the server, they just get pwned by everyone

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20628

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
It's much harder for the person who is lagging to be honest.

Also it would be annoying if people get kicked from the server all the time if someone in their house goes on youtube or something like that. It could make people go to other servers, so i wouldn't advise it.
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20654

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah indeed,

As an example my Dad started downloading a movie and my ping was hitting 200ms, I found it incredibly hard to play, (on surf) but stil stuck at it.

I agree with Vapour, I've been kicked from random servers for a high ping before and I didn't go back to them.

Pooky: Could you make your topic titles more specific next time please ? I thought this was about CSS.
Mentoz: It's in the Minecraft thread...
Pooky: Balls D:

Pooky Failed.

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20659

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
Computer is messing up and i dno how to delete my post sorry

Last Edit: 13 years ago by substick.

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20695

• Oxy
  • Junior Boarder
I don't think installing a ping limit is a bad idea at all to be honest. I also don't think it would cause the server to crash more either otherwise it would be hard to justify the use for a much larger server say 50+ players.

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20697

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
Oxy wrote:
I don't think installing a ping limit is a bad idea at all to be honest. I also don't think it would cause the server to crash more either otherwise it would be hard to justify the use for a much larger server say 50+ players.

Welcome back, do i know you? (last post was 8 month's ago before this one)
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: Ping limit 13 years ago #20703

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
Oxy wrote:

A warcraft server with 50+ player using our mods would need to be quadruple our spec's and quadruple what we're paying to keep our servers alive.

You can't compare our WCS with a multi-award winning server.
-

You can either have, 3 badly scripted, unfair, crashing servers that run mods perfectly fine

or you can have a popular amazingly scripted, fair, justified server that in-time gets repaired and refined constantly until it becomes 100% perfect.

Sometimes it's about the quality of the game, not the quantity.

Pooky: Could you make your topic titles more specific next time please ? I thought this was about CSS.
Mentoz: It's in the Minecraft thread...
Pooky: Balls D:

Pooky Failed.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds