Wednesday, April 24, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wcs

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6767

As i have already mentioned in my very first post i am a regular on the WCS server and there are some things that really annoy me about the server.

The biggest of these things is some of the people themselves, im not talking about there personalities, its that they constantly use races on certain maps that alot of the other players get annoyed at. For instance a person on the map scoutsknives would get a race that spawns an automatic gun or use an max out a certain overpowered race like ghost and continuously use it to a stage where they never change it.

Now i know a lot of the twk members don't play the wcs server but it is a very popular server and the request i would like to make is more regular admins, i know vapour is quite regular but he's not there all the time and this problem may not sound annoying but i have raged quitted and a lot of others have just for the amount of people that do these types of things.

I hope u consider this request and i would like to hear ur responses

Thanks
Mr. Skrawny

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6770

• Luckie
  • Official TWK Admin
There's always at least one senior admin online on steam friends - make sure you have us added and give us a shout if there's any problems.

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6772

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I think Mr. Skrawny has a point here.

We are lucky to have admins that are online a lot, but most of the players in game dont even know or have us on friends lists. This is where an admin actually on the server scores highly.

I do understand it can be irritating as most of the time I join either surf or wcs I end up kicking a ton of ppl due to bad behaviour.

The server is popular even with this current situation and I think it could be more if it had a good team of present admins on it.

It's a very specific mod that requires knowledge, so not all undestand.

We are going to introduce a 'watcher' status to the servers with some basic admin rights to help keep things rolling smoothly. Any bans etc, will still need to be handled by main admins.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6774

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
id suggest rotating msg with admins steam credentials if u are temp underemployed

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6777

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
I think skrawny has a point to be honest.

At the moment I am pretty much the only active admin on the wcs server. I know there are always admins on steam, but this server in particular is extremely hard to control, due to the vast amount of rules and regulations to do with certain maps and races. Any admin that isn't a server regular probably won't know if it is justified to kick or temp ban someone for something that you wouldn't get on a normal server.

I am busy at the moment as i have just gone back to college, but I will try at some point in the near future to write up a comprehensive list of rules for the server which take into account races and maps.

I think it would be a good idea to have some regulars on the server with low admin rights. Even just admin chat, kick and mute facilities this should be enough of a deterrence. Often i have warned a player about something they are doing wrong on the server and they agree to stop. But as soon as i leave the server they start again and quickly stop when i rejoin (i have been notified of this by steam friends).
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6779

• Tollef
  • Senior Boarder
I'm almost always online. Never plays on the wc server, but if you send me a pm on steam I will always help.

(exeptions; Family tragedy, fork in my eye, daddy bought a new leather belt or its sale on Toys 'R Us again.)

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6781

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I would give Mr. Skrawny a admin test drive run to seehow he behaves at it.

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6785

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, now that Tunes mentioned this ( we were sorting it but he has mind powers to see the future... ) Mr. Scrawny, Mo and Risky will have Server watcher status.

Like mentioned above they will have some admin rights, but wont be able to ban. This will still have to be done by one of our main admins.

They will be able to mute, kick and generally do stuff to keep the server more "in control"

If all goes well they may be promoted to Server Admin status.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6812

• Demonic
  • Gold Boarder
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
~Bertrand Russell

Re: Wcs 14 years, 7 months ago #6816

• AL Azif
  • Official TWK Admin
meh went back to school o.o so studying hard ^^ can't screw it up o.o

will try to get online again

and add me on friends to notify me when i am online ^^

ps

if i am in l4d you can try to notify me if i don't respond it's probably because of a clanwar sorry for that in advance

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds