Noblock on wcs
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Noblock on wcs

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23946

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
I am fairly sure we have had this discussion on many occasions and it has always been decided that we shouldn't have it. I spent a couple of hours on wcs today and it was really getting on my nerves. It makes knifing and close gun fights much harder and in my opinion ruins the gameplay. I can understand for surf but cant see blocking being a huge issue on a 20man server.

What do you think?
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23948

• Liquid Snake
i think this is needed tbh, alot of people got annoyed by blockers on alot of different maps the knife fights yes i will agree with you there getting knifed in the back by a guy walking through you can be quite annoying however this is a price im willing to pay as getting shouted at all the time that you accidantly block someone is worse and will only cause extra frustration to come to the servers and i really think that is the least we need at the time

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23949

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
And it is a problem with some of the maps, where there are few spawnplaces like awp_float, fairly easy to get annoyed by that when ur 2,3,4 players inside of each other (that didnt sound very good, but u get my point)
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23951

• NEZ
  • Gold Boarder
deN wrote:
And it is a problem with some of the maps, where there are few spawnplaces like awp_float, fairly easy to get annoyed by that when ur 2,3,4 players inside of each other (that didnt sound very good, but u get my point)

ahhh. i miss that. good times. one of the few times i could get more than a handful of kills in a map
Hic canet erranté Lunam, Solis; labores Arcturù;, pluuias; hyad. géinos; trióes.
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by NEZ.

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23952

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
Perhaps we shouldnt have maps with such small spawning areas. awp_float imo is rubbish, there is like nowhere to go
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23958

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
I agree about the awp_float but I think noblock is a needed feature, what you could do is team noblock, so you don't bump your team but you DO bump the opposite team (simlar to TF2) that way knifing and close quarters fighting would be fine and no iritating team blockers..

Thanks
--Voodooo--

*ps. sory for any mistakes i ak currently badly drunk *
Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by VooDoo.

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #23962

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
I've been looking into noblock scripts and this one was one of the few that i found which were stable enough to run. The fact that you can run through the enemy is not at all wanted, but it's just how the mod works i guess.. I can't script in smx, so can't rly change the way it's written

Thing i can do is, make the noblock map specific, like for anticamper and awp_float ?

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #24002

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
noblock used to make knifing more difficult but you get used to it, although making it specific to small maps would be great.
GIMP!!!

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #24017

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
Pooky; if u could have done that, it would be terrific

Gimp; and u can ninja every1 by turning around when u pass through them and knife'em in the back
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Re: Noblock on wcs 12 years, 9 months ago #24020

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
deN wrote:
Pooky; if u could have done that, it would be terrific

Gimp; and u can ninja every1 by turning around when u pass through them and knife'em in the back

hehe yea
GIMP!!!
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds