Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Block

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17751

• kl3sh
  • Senior Boarder
Is it possible to get no block installed on the wcs server? It's annoying on small maps where people just block you, causing you to die, like on Anit-Camper :/ Just wondering...

Thanks

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17752

Not a fan of no block personally

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17758

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
kl3sh wrote:
Is it possible to get no block installed on the wcs server? It's annoying on small maps where people just block you, causing you to die, like on Anit-Camper :/ Just wondering...

Thanks

ye, its very annoying when this happens, and also on some maps (if example full server) like awp_float ppl attend to spawn on the same place and get stuck, kinda sucks to be those two guys ;/
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17760

• Grim4118
  • Gold Boarder
no block would make it alot easier, especially when the servers packed

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17761

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
This issue has been raised before and i dont think noblock is appropriate. On top of other things, it makes it extremely hard for knife fights which on a server which has players often using just a knife isnt very good.
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17762

• Ronzku
  • Junior Boarder
It would be nice to have noblock, because every people are complaining about it. But yeah i agree that in knife fights it would be difficult...so i am neutral:D

But i think that noblock would be better that blockSmile

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17763

Wondering if theres away of doing "half" block - meaning it only unblocks you from your team mates

Or even just the first 2-3 seconds of a round would solve the issue of players spawning in one another

But generally I still dislike no block. Also the more mods we have the higher the server load = lag potentional increased

Ok a quick google found me this :

forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=148599&page=2

However its got a few issues so maybe my second idea if we end up going with some noblock is the way to go atm
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by TheBlackWaltz.

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17766

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
instead of noblock, couldnt there be a command to get unstuck? like !stuck, and then u will be teleported to another place in spawn?
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17767

• kl3sh
  • Senior Boarder
Actually from reading your comments, what about a feature like on zombie mod, where you type !block and for 5 seconds you are in no block mode? :/ And mix that in with Half block where no team mares are blocked, and wins?

EDIT: You could have it no block for the freeze time at the start, or for first 10 seconds of the round, to prevent any spawning on each other?
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by kl3sh.

Re: No Block 13 years, 2 months ago #17773

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Another one here

forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=820069

with usable command : sm_noblock_blockafterspawn_time

Think this one should fit the profile.

Will test it, when i got some time

The following user(s) said Thank You: kl3sh
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds