Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skoutzknive

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11218

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Right, so not sure if many of you have noticed, but recently we got a brand new server, a SK server! There are a variety of different sk maps added on and I have been looking at them all to see how they all fare. However I want to ask everyone a question and also put another map onto the list (as it's the one map I ALWAYS look for when going for a SK server.

www.fpsbanana.com/maps/20937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The original scoutzknivez!

Anyway, onto my question... I see that about 97% of all sk servers play just one map 24/7, and 99% of the time it is the map I linked above which we do not have on the server.

Should we have a map rotation or should we follow the trend and make it one map 24/7?
Please post your views on this, as sk servers can be very popular with the trend.

I myself am voting yes, simply because it is what most sk players expect to see, and means the settings don't have to be fiddled about with for specific maps (e.g. sk and sk_island need different gravity settings to move around in teh same way. Keep it the same and on one of them you'll jump around perfectly while on the other one you'll just... hover... waiting to be killed).

Take note I'll be posting a few other polls later on. I'm a huge sk fanboy so I really want to get this server populated (even more than the other servers!). Also I know that alot of people use different settins for sk servers, so I am asking the servers I play for their settings. If you know the settings of a specific sk server and their ip please send it to me so I can have a look

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11219

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I've not had much experience with SK servers so I'll not vote, although I'm a map rotation type of person.

I'd love to see this server take off - your input to Chiken will be worth it!
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11228

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
SK is one of those mods... looks like there is only one map for it, and thats the one in the link.

I know offtopic now, but crossed my mind a minigames server... better split this into another topic.

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11231

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I have seen sk servers with SkoutzKnivez3 (the one on the wcs server) and about 2 others (ever) with scoutshine, so as far as I see it those are the three main ones. However the link I posted above is most definately the one that comes up most of the time.

I'm just looking at a comletely loaded list of servers with scout in their name. I have chosen them to be VAC protected, have players in but can be full.

I had a 24 servers show up. One was scoutnades (poor map imo), one was sk3, one scout_cemetary (not seen that one, but not sk so not really useful in this search) and one sk space which we have on server already. The rest are skoutzknivez.

I saw two WCS (I don't think that works with sk at all), 5 rpg servers (3 with starting credits, 500, 500 and 600), two Deathmatch (again I don't really think that works. encourages noobs to spawn kill which I would suggest to be against the rules on this server) and finally, I found that two of them used a headshot mod (meaning you can only damage+kill with a headshot, I suggest NOT using this if we have rpg mod)

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11232

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
sk with deathmatch can be a pain or can use the spawn protection for 3 seconds, most of the time it works.

Headshot mod with scouts can be quite a pain as it tends to massive camping waiting for a head to show up.

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11233

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Deathmatch is something I look for on sk servers, but only so I can avoid them... I never play sk dm, never found it appealing at all. Full of nooby campers, spawn killers, afk's... the works. You have to end up camping yourself because that's all the enemy ever does too and I find that extremely boring and not fun at all.

HS mods usually come with dualzone rules too (no killing in spawns, ct area is for duals agreed by both parties), however, as I have seen only very few of these, I do not believe they are as popular when compared with rpg servers. Again, this brings me back to saying rpg and headshot do not mix and should one be used, the other should be avoided.

Now... Must go post another poll for mods with a review of each one!

One more thing:
DreamState wrote:
I'd love to see this server take off - your input to Chiken will be worth it!

I'll be making SURE to get people on this server P )

Whatever input you have I would love to hear it. It allows not just me but everyone else see what the community wants, enabling us to create a server that suits us like a glove (or like a thin slice of lemon wrapped around a thick gold bar ).

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11236

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Just sorting out the map, will need to change that simian logo though
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11237

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
VoGon wrote:
Just sorting out the map, will need to change that simian logo though

Just noticed the map was already there, can you please join and see if you get a TWK logo on it?
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Skoutzknive 13 years, 12 months ago #11239

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I'm currently on the server and the sk maps I see are:

hc
source
island
space_v3

but not scoutzknivez which is the one I put up top.

I have checked the rest and space_v3 is the only one with writing on that middle pillar, however that only says 'shut up and die' (also I'll take the opertunity to say that's my least fave of the maps there, it's a sk map made for normal gravity, hence the black smoke that pushes you into the air (making you an easy target in low grav).

EDIT: As I am spectating on the server, a search for maps containing the word 'scout' and having Scoutzknivez3 as the map with the filters set to vac protected only and must have players, our server was fourth to pop up! Not sure if the appearance is random or different for other people, but if it can come up that quickly then we're bound to get players on
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds