Friday, April 26, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: wcs server

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24194

• FadeToBlack
  • Junior Boarder
It's WCS, so people will always bitch. I quit it a while back cause of all the bitching, started GG ... no more bitching (except when Drew is on, but that's what the mute button is for).

I don't know the current races, but I'm sure it boils down to the same thing it was before the orange update. When I unlocked all races I pretty much picked 1 race to adapt my playstyle to. The race was strong, but not OP on it's own. The thing that made it OP was the fact that I didn't (have to) spend money on xp tomes anymore but could spend it on defensive/offensive shopmenu items. While I was levelling I was up against people that did the same I ended up doing, fucking hard to kill, but felt much better then killing some random noob and the xp was lots better as well.

There is no way to completely balance a wcs server, unless you stick to the 4 original races maybe (human alliance, night elves, orcs and undead). Back in the CS days I was admin on a popular 4 race wcs server and it was hella fun, other servers with more (10-20 back then) weren't as good imo, mainly also cause of balance issues.

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24197

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
bitching is usually done by one noob who cant play, this is about how several people have been put off the wcs server due to op races. The experience you describe isnt the problem that the topic is describing. The problem is the abuse of races that are op without the use of shopmenu, using shopmenu costs alot of money and you loose your upgrades when you die so its not a problem (eg, i spend like 11k making flame predator badass ). And i agree there is no way to balance the wcs server but its better for everyone when races only have small-medium advantages over each other like longjump+speed vs freeze shot or freeze ulti.
GIMP!!!

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24201

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I have a solution to the race abuse. Another WCS server I played on had a rule that if you get 5 or more MVP's on 1 race, you have to change your race. It can obviously be tweaked and needs to be policed pretty hard, but it was effective and it stopped people owning with 1 race and becoming unstoppable with all the extras they buy too and making people annoyed (as i'm 1 of the people that keeps leaving because it's practically impossible to kill a person with 350 health and extra damage)

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24236

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
not bad but hopefully theres a way without takin races away from people .

mini list of op races (comment if u disagree or there are more):
Sr.eletrico (dmg)
vagabond (dmg)
laserlightshow (dmg)
vagalion (dmg)

obvisouly the main problem is dmg output
GIMP!!!

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24237

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Gimp wrote:

Sr.eletrico (dmg)
vagabond (dmg)
laserlightshow (dmg)
vagalion (dmg)

Sr.eletrico (dmg + Electricute(launching players))
vagabond (dmg) AGREED!
laserlightshow (dmg) EPICLY AGREED
vagalion (dmg) AGREED

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24241

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I don't think Vagalion's damage is that bad, since it's practically the same as Vagabond
Sr.electro definately OP with both damage and the launching
Vagabond I think is alright, but maybe toned down a bit
Laser Light Show, definately agree!

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24243

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
put vagalion and vagabond simply because a 1 hit kill when you can teleport outta nowhere is hard to beat, well kinda
GIMP!!!

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24244

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
Part of this comes down to courtesy. You are all community members and you want the server to be active. Although there is no rule against it, maybe dont use overpowered races all the time.
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24246

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
vapour wrote:
Part of this comes down to courtesy. You are all community members and you want the server to be active. Although there is no rule against it, maybe dont use overpowered races all the time.

Fully agree with you there Vapour, a lot of you play Laser Light Show etc a lot of the time on the server

But tbh I don't think Vagabond is OP I never seem to have problems with it because it doesn't always do enough damage to one shot somebody.

Re: wcs server 12 years, 9 months ago #24252

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
substick wrote:
vapour wrote:

Fully agree with you there Vapour, a lot of you play Laser Light Show etc a lot of the time on the server But tbh I don't think Vagabond is OP I never seem to have problems with it because it doesn't always do enough damage to one shot somebody.

piss off sub! :p
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds