Friday, May 03, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TWK Radio

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16423

I have done track mixing before and I use a program called virtual DJ home. There is a pro version, but It costs about £300, which to be honest is a little out of our price range. The home version has two slots which you can fade in and fade out. You can add effects to the songs (please use sparingly to avoid pissing people off) and add speech into the songs, so you can begin talking as it fades out/in.

Home version is free. Have a look and tell me if this is what you were thinking of.

www.virtualdj.com/

(And my library has about 500 songs, and I will purchase a decent mic once we get things going.)
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by PeanutAlmighty.

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16424

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
not to be picky but i think you would need about 5k ish tracks so no one can notice many repeats unless requested ofc and a nice enough spread of genre to start it off

i just get all mine from green got 17.5k tracks atm but due to leech more form him soon safe to say he has loads as does i think colin if i remember rightly?
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16425

Might have to go on a torrent spree then . Any thoughts on DJ equipment?

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16426

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
DJ equip? budget? Numark FTW or dj tech tools VCI-100

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16428

PeanutAlmighty wrote:

My suggestion. It's free and pretty good quality.

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16429

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Virtualdj looks more like a dj set than for radio.

I think for radio purposes we need a program that:

Makes you able to que up songs

Adds space for talking and/or a short TWK radio jingle.

Allows the dj to connect to the server and cut in without interuptions. Like for example:
The radio plays music from its downtime libary, but right after a song the dj can cut in and broadcast his show and then disconnect. And the server then continues to play the downtime music.
With downtime I mean the time where no dj is on, as we cant have it silent.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: TWK Radio 13 years, 4 months ago #16431

You can add in voice easily. You just pause at the beginning of the track and open the mic tab. And same with the jingles, there are about 6 empty slots which you can put any sound in and play it at choice. As for queuing, without a DJ it wouldn't work, but you can change the skin to one with 6 decks.

I have no idea about random tracks over downtime, but I'll have a look. There's bound to be some free software for it.

But more importantly, where will it be hosted?

Re: TWK Radio 13 years ago #19923

ALRIGHTY!

So, I've been searching around, and here's what I found:

4 servers out of like 300 had radio that worked. about 10 said they did, but it didn't work. Some had a retard babbling down the mic at everyone, and when told to shut up, he claimed he is this hours DJ, and cannot be quiet for the next hour. I left.

Anyway, the 3 ways in which the 4 servers did it:

1) 4 of them had a connection to Gamer FM This worked well, and played good music, and gave advertisements for their clans, and other clans who use them. Big possibility.

2) Custom mod with a DJ that takes requests and presents the show, and there was just an automatic playing thing which took over when no one was on, but quite often it would break and just play fuzz.

3) A demented child yelling down the mic occasionally playing 'BOOM HEADSHOT' and calling people hackers.

Re: TWK Radio 13 years ago #19927

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I think number three is out of the question as we have no demented children in this community
And I dont wanna find one either, even though I know where to find them (WoW is full of them)

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: TWK Radio 13 years ago #19928

I can get in touch with someone from Gamer FM and talk to him about it?
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds