CSS achievements - hints and tricks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CSS achievements - hints and tricks

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #12956

• eL_V.Per
  • Senior Boarder
For once I made a new thread instead of adding it to 'my topic' thread lol: .
This is about the css achievements and tricks to get them faster. Before spamming me with 'oh that lame', I had more then 50% of the achievements before starting to farm the ones I didn't have yet. So here are some tricks to get achievements faster .
If you also have a trick for an achievement plz post it and I'll add it to the list .

What type of files are supported for upload? I would also like to include images. Now I just copied the text but it looks like . I'll add more after I've gotten a reply to this.

Personal Achievements

Someone Set Up Us The Bomb
Win a round by planting a bomb
? Look at Boomala Boomala achievement.

Boomala Boomala
Plant 100 bombs
Trick 1: Create a server at de_dust2 and join T and plant the bomb. Add some bots with only knives to the CT team (bot_add_ct ; mp_autoteambalance 0 ; mp_limitteams 0). Advantage: you also get some kills for weapon achievements. Disadvantage: takes a long time: about 2 hours.
Trick 2: Same as the one above but set mp_c4timer 10 (10 seconds before bomb explodes). Advantage: faster, get achievement in less than 1 hour. Disadvantage: less time to kill some bots.
Trick 3: Download Farm_plant.bsp and join as T and go watch some television ?. This method takes about 2:45. Advantage: goes 100 automated, you can do something else while getting the achievement. Disadvantage: takes a long time.
Trick 4: BEST: Same as the one above but set mp_c4timer 10. You’ll have to babysit your computer as you’ll have to type mp_c4timer 10 in console again after each round. Advantage: 25 minutes to get achievement. Disadvantage: pc babysit.
DL link for the map: ecpservers.net/fpsb/3/maps/218/farming_maps_2.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Hurt Blocker
Defuse 100 bombs
Trick 1: Create a server at de_dust2 and join CT, buy a defusal kit. Add as many bots as you want (for weapon achievements). Advantage: kills for weapon achievements. Disadvantage: Takes a long time – bots don’t always plant bomb. Will probably take over 3 hours.
Trick 2: Download achievement_defuse_1.bsp, join CT and add a bot to T (bot_add_t). Just rush through the portal and defuse the bomb. Advantage: takes 25 minutes. Disadvantage: none.

Second To None
Successfully defuse a bomb with less than one second remaining.
Trick: Download achievement_defuse_1.bsp, join CT and add a bot to T (bot_add_t). Just wait till you think it’s time to start defusing. Tip: type mp_c4timer 10 in console so you don’t have to wait a very long time to start defusing. May take a few tries. I suggest counting the seconds and if you were too late start a bit earlier next time.

Combat Ready
Defuse a bomb with a kit when it would have failed without one
Trick: same as the one to get Second To None. It’s suggested to try to get both at the same time.

Counter-counter-terrorist
Kill a CT while he is defusing the bomb
Trick: create a game at de_aztec and join T. Add 1 bot to CT (bot_add_ct). Buy a sniper rifle and plant the bomb on A and go to the spot marked on the picture. Step up the stairs until you can see the CT bot. The bot won’t see you and will start to defuse the bomb. Kill him with a nice heady ?.

Rite Of First Defusal
Win a round by defusing a bomb
? Look at The Hurt Blocker achievement.

Short Fuse
Plant a bomb within 25 seconds
? Look at the Boomala Boomala achievement. Is obtained while getting this achievement.

Clusterstruck
Kill 5 players in a C4 blast
? Look at the Boomala Boomala achievement trick 1 and 2. Add 5 bots to CT, plant the bomb, wait for the CT’s to come to the bomb site and let them run after you. Run around the map but make sure you and the CT’s are at the bomb site when the bomb explodes.

Wild Gooseman Chase
As the last living terrorist, distract a defuser long enough for the bomb to explode
? Look at the counter-counter-terrorist achievement. Instead of killing the CT shoot his body with a scout and let him come running after you long enough for the bomb to explode. (disable the options for bots to use weapons)

Blast Will And Testament
Win a round by picking up the bomb from a fallen comrade and successfully planting it
? Look at the Boomala Boomala achievement trick 1 and 2. Also add a bot to T. If you get the bomb give it to the bot. Run after him and wait for him to get killed by CT’s. Then take the bomb and plant it. Note: may take a few tries if the bot doesn’t get killed by CT’s before he reaches the a bomb spot.

Defusus Interruptus
Stop defusing to kill a terrorist and then successfully finish defusing the bomb
? Look at The Hurt Blocker achievement trick 1. Wait till you see a T coming and then fast defuse the bomb for a second then kill him and continue to defuse.

Participation Award
Kill an enemy player within 3 seconds of them recovering a dropped bomb
Create a game at the de_dust2, join CT and add at least 2 bot to the T team. Kill the bot with the bomb and camp at the bomb and as soon as another bot picks it up kill him.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #12987

• slaB
  • Administrator
I just spawned 15 bots on the other team and made them use knife. And the achievments just popped up I've now got 80/144 achievments.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #12989

• eL_V.Per
  • Senior Boarder
Nice. If you need help on one, I know tricks for almost all, just ask. I wanted to add tricks for all achievements but I first need to find a way to add a file. Doc and html can't be uploaded.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13003

MY guide to achivements - Play the game.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13010

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
Dirty whores. I bet you use the achievement servers on tf2 :L
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13011

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Well my honest opinion on Achievements is that they are there to be made, and some are indeed vey difficult to "achieve" if you dont have friends to do them with.

Thing is, cant really say achievement farming is wrong, but you do get tons of them just by playing Gungame Deathmatch.

I guess its just ppls approach to them, some like to have them all immediately, others like to get them by the situation happening to them (sometimes really casual stuff needs to happen to be able to get them).
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13013

• eL_V.Per
  • Senior Boarder
VoGon wrote:
Well my honest opinion on Achievements is that they are there to be made, and some are indeed vey difficult to "achieve" if you dont have friends to do them with.

Thing is, cant really say achievement farming is wrong, but you do get tons of them just by playing Gungame Deathmatch.

I guess its just ppls approach to them, some like to have them all immediately, others like to get them by the situation happening to them (sometimes really casual stuff needs to happen to be able to get them).

True. But the map achievements kinda force people to play on those maps if they want all achievements. I think thats stupid, so I farmed those . I got 96% of achievements now, I farmed about 30-35% of all achievements, only those that are impossible or almost impossible to get with playing gungame.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13014

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
And where do we see those achievments? yeah.. nooba...

I got alot from tdgg, but the ones involving regular cs play... nope...

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13015

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
And where do we see those achievments? yeah.. nooba...

I got alot from tdgg, but the ones involving regular cs play... nope...

On the steam library page, change the view to details, and then you will have a link on the right when you select css, either that or on your steam profile.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: CSS achievements - hints and tricks 13 years, 10 months ago #13017

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
Acheivement farming is wrong! You all suck! The less acheivements you have, the higher you are up on the cool scale. (obviously)
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds