GG Bots... Should we have them?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GG Bots... Should we have them?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10326

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I've noticed recently that when I join gg the only players that are on are noobs or people from teh that join when I'm in and only come on as their server hasn't got any on at the time, but the noobs quickly leave and the bots start coming on again so the teh members leave... Having bots does bring players in but they are just noobs who leave after one or two deaths and me playing on the gg server has shown to bring in the teh members, who in turn will be assisting in populating the server (snows away so ther servers a bit dead atm).

Should we have bots on the server?
Please post a reason why you chose your answer

I vote no for bots, as I said above it just brings in noobs who leave to quickly to populate it with more than 5-6 players and I've seen how easy it is to get other gg players on to populate the server, bots make the good players leave (I end up slaying the bots if there is a player on each team with some skill... just ruins it for us otherwise)

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10327

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
WEll, i'm know to be a bot yes man, when I join the server and its fully empty, its a bit boring to be walkin around with.. nuttin to do, so I leave, with bots, however being stupid or not, allways makes me there, at least to heat my hands a bit.

So, I vote yes.

And I don't give a s*** about teh members, if they are noobs... who cares

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10329

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Perhaps we should make the bots more difficult to deter players who leave when someone with some skillz comes on to the server?

I personally think bots are good, especially on GGDM, to get people on but as you said, if they then immediately leave then we need to counter that.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10330

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
DreamState wrote:
Perhaps we should make the bots more difficult to deter players who leave when someone with some skillz comes on to the server?

I personally think bots are good, especially on GGDM, to get people on but as you said, if they then immediately leave then we need to counter that.

GGDM I agree bots can be useful but the normal GG server has no players most of the time and only 4-6 max when there are players. Using bots as a bit of a warmup is fine, but I've been there 'warming up' on bots for 2-3 maps before I give up hope and go back to surfing (and tbh I was bored after just a few rounds on the first map... thought I'd hold out and try to populate it). I'd rather not be doing that againt

Tunes wrote:
And I don't give a s*** about teh members, if they are noobs... who cares

There are other players too that leave when bots are joining, when we managed to get 6 players on half of them left cus they were noobs and kept getting owned by people with more skill and then the remaining players left after the bots joined, there was only one teh member there and he actually stayed longer than the rest hoping to repopulate the server with me. No luck tho...
Also, if they are noobs then they just get killed too easily, heck some of these guys were having trouble against the bots who were jumping up and down in an open doorway! So they just leave straight away... We want players who will come back to the server and help keep it going!

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10332

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I vote for yes and that they should stay for when the players are too few to activate the stats, wich I think is 4 atm. When players are 5+ no bots should be in the game. That way the bots dont ruin the game for the players but give them something to do while few on. I dont think any player would stay longer on a low populated server without bots either. I never play GG nowdays because its mostly empty and its boring to run around on a small map with nothing to do then moving objects with bullets. Bots keep the intrest a bit longer anyway. Thats why I prefere GGDM, until it gets too overcrowded for the smaller maps wich makes it too chaotic for me..

On the subject of noobs or pro players my question is this; do you want to atract players in general or pro only? Its very hard to attract both at the same time..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10336

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
On the subject of noobs or pro players my question is this; do you want to atract players in general or pro only? Its very hard to attract both at the same time..

I would like to get players that have at least some skill playing the GG server yeah... The only players that come on it with some skill have been me, luckie, a teh member, and the rest have just been people that can't even beat a bot and miss me in a knife fight when they are left clicking... If it came down to that kind of a player or a bot, I think that's the one and only time I'd choose to go with the bots...

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10338

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
I vote for yes and that they should stay for when the players are too few to activate the stats, wich I think is 4 atm. When players are 5+ no bots should be in the game. That way the bots dont ruin the game for the players but give them something to do while few on. I dont think any player would stay longer on a low populated server without bots either. I never play GG nowdays because its mostly empty and its boring to run around on a small map with nothing to do then moving objects with bullets. Bots keep the intrest a bit longer anyway. Thats why I prefere GGDM, until it gets too overcrowded for the smaller maps wich makes it too chaotic for me..

Bots don't activate stats...

I, at least, don't join an empty or 2 players server, bots do count on list, but not on stats.

Having maximum 4 bots and they leave when people join, IMHO is a good move...

Re: GG Bots... Should we have them? 14 years, 1 month ago #10357

• FadeToBlack
  • Junior Boarder
I've been playing gungame some as well, mostly against bots. There's hardly anyone on that server while I'm on it, mostly late at night. I like it that I'm actually able to kill things, even though they're just bots. Compared to some of the players the bots are even more challenging

I wish the wcs server had some bots, they're still better target practice then barrels or that one spot one the wall you want to hit. Not sure if it's even possible to have bots on there, but some passive skills like night elves probably won't interfere with their ai to much.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds