I am worried about the server.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: I am worried about the server.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23509

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Ehm well, today i have played from like 11am - 4pm and the most amount of players we have had was about 8, and was thinking why there was so little players... the server used to have like 16 players constantly (except night time) and i cant think of why people are not joining much anymore..

I cant think of many reasons but the reasons it could possibly be are:

Overpowered races

As the regulars on the server are becoming high level (most regulars are level 1000+ now), the races that they are using are getting more and more powerfull and alot of the skills are too strong for newbies to even get a chance of killing them.

Long Download

Now, im not sure how long the download to get on the server is anymore but TWK use Custom maps, Custom skins, WCSmod with extra races and more. this could "POSSIBLY" make the download to get on the server take a while.

Now, im not saying that there is any problems but I think it would be nice to get more new people into TWK's servers, not sure how we can do this but im sure there is a way, wether it is advertisement, inviting your friends or other things but the server definately seems more empty lately.

Thanks
--VooDoo--

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23511

• colin1uk
  • Official TWK Admin
yeah iven noticed that the server is getting less people on , few reasons could also be holidays/exams etc
but yes could also be the downloads and races are to strong ( not that i would know i get killed whatever race i use ) .

!! snake you ruined my life , i was only testing the hack !!,flacherke

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23512

• VooDoo
colin1uk wrote:
yeah iven noticed that the server is getting less people on , few reasons could also be holidays/exams etc
but yes could also be the downloads and races are to strong ( not that i would know i get killed whatever race i use ) .

Yes, I was thinking it could very well be holidays and exams, if so then im not that worried because I know it will pick up again, and you don't get killed much as the "fire scout" or whatever, the grenade throwing one

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23515

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Hummmm... server reset in order?! Seems like a good time for it, we've done it a few times before and the result was more players!

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23518

• VooDoo
Tunes wrote:
Hummmm... server reset in order?! Seems like a good time for it, we've done it a few times before and the result was more players!

To be honest i wouldnt mind at all if there was a reset, levels are easy enough to get.

but i know there is a few players that dont want a reset, like i mentioned it to my dad (moo) and he said "what? ah well if they do a reset then im quitting for sure", but then again he said he was quiting before i told him and he said the reason is "too many nooby races and by nooby i mean overpowered", "if they loose the overpowered races then they wouldnt need to do a reset".

but then again, thats only my dads opinion

--Thanks--
--VooDoo--

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23519

• icefire
  • Fresh Boarder
why reset server than who is hight lvl is back lvl 1 thats isn't fair

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23520

• Supa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hug me!
Sometimes a reset is needed to balance things again

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23521

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
It is fair because we do need more people on the server and yes I wouldn't like a reset because I have got to a fairly high level and enjoy playing the top levels races which AREN'T MAXED (There could be a reason) I prefer to just continue levelling races that I haven't maxed but I know that others who have either finished all the races, are bored or just want to point whore for the whole time like to play the best maxed races (I'm not saying they are the very best and are too overpowered just have a good set of skills that go well together ) e.g. Silver Surfer etc.

A way we could get people to join is by get a handful of TWK members on the server and inviting everybody on their friends list, hopefully people will join and since they are your friends they will hopefully like the server and say.

We could also reset although I could guarantee that would people would reject to that but what has to be done must be done

We could also offer them 100 free levels when they join and give them some , some and some

Or ill just give them a hug and some

Last Edit: 12 years, 10 months ago by substick.

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23524

• Scathe
  • Gold Boarder
  • Whisky in the jar!
Hiya guys,

I agree with what some people have said, I do believe that at certain times it is a benefit to have the server reset. However im not sure this is the right time for that, there are alot of circumstances which are resulting in the lack of visitors to the server.

As stated above exams are a major factor, not just for taking them but also when they have finished. Loads of people will be celebrating, and going away etc etc. Holidays always a bit factor too! For alot of people the exams are actually the end of their schooling, I know for one when I finished my exams none of my family saw or heard from me for a couple of weeks as me and the lads went out on a major canage spree you wouldnt believe!

Im just saying... take into account all the extenuating circumstances before making a choice on the matter either way.

By the way what voodoo said about it taking a long time for a first time visitor to connect to the server, and actually putting people off from having the wait time of connecting i have to agree with. Lately ive seen alot of people starting to join, but never actually making it into the game "assuming they got bored of the wait" and did a bunk elsewhere.

Ok... tired of typing. Time to game!

Catch ya laters

Re: I am worried about the server. 12 years, 10 months ago #23525

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
reset with the start of the school year. Everyone comes back and start at same time
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds