From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 4 months ago #8388

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
i already tried changing freq
yes it changes... the tone of the noise. Which is helpful if u are making music but not in my case.
Dunno what u mean by cpu hog, usage doesnt jump even 1% between non-moving to moving

Wrote to tech support, will see what they write. Hope not the crappy "problem on ur end"

Yes i know the add-on soundcard will (well at least should ) resolve the problem but that would double (or more) the price of mouse >_<

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 4 months ago #8425

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
i already tried changing freq
yes it changes... the tone of the noise. Which is helpful if u are making music but not in my case.
Dunno what u mean by cpu hog, usage doesnt jump even 1% between non-moving to moving

Wrote to tech support, will see what they write. Hope not the crappy "problem on ur end"

Yes i know the add-on soundcard will (well at least should ) resolve the problem but that would double (or more) the price of mouse >_<

Yes, not hogging in the sense of slowing the cpu down, but, normal mices work around 100 to 300hz, razer goes to 1khz, wich takes 1khz from the cpu ) .

Try changing the IRQ line on the USB controller or the sound controller on the devices management console.

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9013

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
im getting a high pitched sound when moving my mouse.
can u guys check if u do too?

try cranking up the volume and moving mouse (make sure u dont get a message from chat or ull be deaf -.- )

Ok, bizarrely, my BIOS was set incorrectly and until now it's been making my CPU fan spin too fast causing mucho noise.

Just fitted into new case and resolved the BIOS issue and my PC is all quiet now and .. yep .. I can now hear an audible high pitched sound when I move my deathadder.

Here's what I have found so far ..

It's more audible on WHITE. Strange, but true. Desktop, dark wallpaper - can't hear much. Open FF, white google page - audible noise.

I believe it's coming from the graphics card - I will try an alternative mouse tonight but I'd imagine it's the deathadder like you have found liger. Even with my amp off, I can hear the sound directly from inside the case.

It's not anything to do with the onboard sound nor my pro-audio card. Disabling these has no effect. Changing mouse frequency does nothing.

I have a radeon 4850 which DOES have it's own HD sound or something - disabling this also (at least in the device manager) has no effect. It's disabled on my system by default anyhow to reduce inteference with the onboard sound and my pro-audio card.

It's very annoying..did you get any resolution Liger?
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&amp;background=random

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9017

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I get different volumes (albeit subtle) for different things!?

EG. Have a steam chat window open over the desktop background. Move mouse over the desktop lowervolume. Move over the steam chat window, it gets louder.

HLSW full screen quiter than FF full screen.

How odd..

My SoundCloud

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9019

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
oh yeah welcome to my world of annoyance

First of all, yes GPU make sound on their own. It goes to high pitch when a processing unit goes into "work" mode. You can hear it with CPU's and GPU's. GPU's started around ati9800 pro with that. It has also partly to do with capacitors being used. Something was happening to mine coz after few kicks my gpu would start/stop making high pitch noise. That noise only occured when i was getting high frames. Cs @ full settings with 20 fps = no noise. CS at lowest with 300 fps = PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. CS at lowest with max_fps 30 = silence

Now that aside, it doesnt matter that ur gpu makes sound (coz its rarely audible) coz ur speakers do that too. Easy to test: mute in windows and crank it up. Now make ur own whacka-whacka dj sounds. And yes it makes more noise on white color, im sure its god rolling all over the sky watching us figure that one out.

Btw im getting this also thru headphones, which is REALLY annoying

Solutions:
1. Go deaf
2. Build time machine and stop yourself from buying razer
3. Buy motherboard with usb 3.0 and try that
4. set vogon's starting hp @ 99 and lower it with 1 hp every round the noise doesnt go away.
5. Post a sextape of Jessica Alba: after that, no1 will care about anything
6. EMP
7. Suicide IS an option

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9128

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
btw anyone has dedicated sound card AND razer mouse?

Im actually considering getting a sound card...

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9129

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I do.

No issues at all mate.

Used to have it when onboard sound
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9150

• DaRkSLaYeR
  • Senior Boarder
i am on the razer fun club too i love this mouse

http://steamsigs.com/steammini.php?id=darkslayergr&amp;pngimg=normal&amp;achieve=CS:S

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9156

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Im using Razer Copperhead and have no problems at all. I also have a soundcard(realtek) wich is attached to the motherboard. NEVER heard the sound you speak of, but then again my fav colour is black so i use mostly dark backgrounds etc.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: From logitech mx 510 to Razer Deathadder 14 years, 3 months ago #9157

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I do a lot of pro-audio and I've noticed before now that moving the mouse causes glitching - it's not until today (duh...) that I've put two and two together. Is it possible I wonder that the same problem causing the high pitched sound could be the same thing intefering with my audio stuff??

If it is I'll be sooooooo pissed because I have spent litereally HOURS trying to solve the glitching ...

I'll be testing a new mouse asap.

My SoundCloud

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds