Saturday, April 27, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TWK logo did someone say?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: TWK logo did someone say?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3297

Keep the opinions coming, I'm not including any colour alterations for now, it's basically just line-art. The more suggestions, the better!
Always going in for the kill; just doing it for the thrill.

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3300

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
When I get home I'll be having a little 'logo drawing session' ?

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3302

• Greenie
  • Official TWK Admin
It is much more readable with the mirrored G, compared to the first couple.

It's much better than I can do with any crazy graphical suites, nice one.

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3303

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I like it, but those things dropping out of the gaming lettering... hummm.. nahhh IMHO

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3305

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
Looks much better mate, its much more readable now.

As for the readability and being on the website its true, if you see it there. I'm just thinking of someone that sees the brand and can see that its "twkgaming.com" so they can relate that its an actual url. I'm already thinking on the future when we rule the known universe

But much better indeed. Also like that grey stripes on the white.

And as you mention we need indeed a custom lettering that cannot be done with the 1000 fonts around if we want it indeed to be unique.

Other details as shadings and stuff I think we can leave for later as we get the logo defined.

I like the "I" coming down to the same height as the "G"'s but maybe try it at the same size as the other letters. Just not too sure on that "a" as it looks a lot like the "o"

Great job, and keep up the work
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3306

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I think maybe inverting the 'a' (so the line is on the bottom and facing the 'm') would make it more readable, also about the -???- letters from steam, am currently attempting to draw (badly and roughly, but am only really paying close attention to the twk bit) it right now, will scan it in when i'm finished

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3310

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I'm loving the look of this at the moment, and the fact that you have gone to a lot of trouble to make a unique font for us is very nice indeed

Although, I like the slight quirkiness of the 'a', my personal opinion is it would read better back as a normal 'a'. Also, the long 'i' looks good but it might be better to be in line with the rest. I hate to make it too 'traditional' in that sense, but I think it would read better.

Whilst people are unlikely to see the logo elsewhere atm, in the future, it could be used to advertise us on other sites, so readability would be important there.

I love the look of the logo, but if someone see's it on a t-shirt or other site, they have to be sure what it says at a glance imho

And can I reserve one of these t-shirts D
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3315

Few changes, let me knooowwwww.
Always going in for the kill; just doing it for the thrill.

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3316

• slaB
  • Administrator
Ammagahd, that is sweet man, really is. Maybe, put a bit more space between the "." (the dot) and "com"?

Re: TWK logo did someone say? 15 years ago #3317

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Awsome man! Got a friend to have a look at it (he doesn't play css or anything, just a random friend) and he said this: Broken_Luck wrote:
It's pretty cool
(he's not much for expressing things, waiting for the more expressive friend to appear on that forum )

Personally, I think it's brill! Like the wings on the sides, they give a sense of freddom to have fun and also show that we as a community will soar through the sky

As for the twk bit, think the twk would look even cooler if it was more like the -???- letters (as vogon said):

VoGon wrote:
Also, can you play around with the -???- letters from steam? I think they could work out real sweet on a logo and at least they would be the same thing on steam

Got a drawing of the last logo with the sort of think I was thinking of myself, if I can get the crappy scanner to work again I'll post it up (although it'll look terrible, and not just cus of the crappy scanner)
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds