Username Password: Remember me

Inactivity
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Inactivity

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4556

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
I'll second Eset ftw and I've been through AVG, Kaspersky, Zone Alarm and BitDefender in the last two and a half years.

I really like Eset - its just works and isn't in your face. It does protect file sharing as I had to configure it to get utorrent working properly and it has web access protection (same thing, different name). It doesn't watch system settings afaik (registry changes) but I don't miss that feature from Zone Alarm/Kaspersky and others.

I really didn't like Bit Defender although the new version may have improved - it hogged resources. I did however like the firewall in Zone Alarm (ZA also uses the Kaspersky AV engine) but it wasn't 64-bit compatible at the time (they were refusing to release a 64-bit version) and it was a little buggy in places.

Kaspersky and Eset I would rate up there at the top. But for me, Eset is all I need.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4559

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
as DS said, there is such thing as too much. I must admin eset is dangerously approaching the too much line but for now its the only AV+firewall i need. Dont need no registry protection. Maybe if u are some bigasscompany, you need update every hour 1/day is fine with me. Dont know wha tu eman sxactly with p2p protection as any AV nowdays just checks every file that is being written on ur system

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4560

• slaB
  • Administrator
There has never been so many infected computers as in 2009, so I want to be very carefull. It has been proven that a lot of infected computers contain viruses that is not yet activated. So you never know if they all are going to activate at the same time and make a huge disorder...
I.e confilicker, that is something you should worry about.

www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2009/f...nfickerPR.mspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/dd452420.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4563

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
slaB wrote:
There has never been so many infected computers as in 2009, so I want to be very carefull. It has been proven that a lot of infected computers contain viruses that is not yet activated. So you never know if they all are going to activate at the same time and make a huge disorder...
I.e confilicker, that is something you should worry about.

*cough* Like mine *cough*

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4565

• slaB
  • Administrator
exactly

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4566

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
yeh like conficker did on 1st of april... OH WAIT

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4568

• slaB
  • Administrator
On February 12, 2009, Microsoft announced a U.S. $250,000 reward for information that results in the arrest and conviction of those responsible for illegally launching the Conficker malicious code on the Internet.

Not 1. april

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4573

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I use F-Secure myself, same thing the military is using
But I guess they have some secret modification but I have had no problems with viruses etc.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4574

• slaB
  • Administrator
F-secure = Fucking secure

Re: Inactivity 14 years, 11 months ago #4606

• Lee.H
  • Platinum Boarder
Ive never encountered problems running AVG
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds