Username Password: Remember me

Minecraft
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Minecraft

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14595

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Here's a little note for all you crazy explorers out there...

Exploding penises in a cave without torches = not fun

Exploding penis spawn thing = even less fun

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14597

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Che ken wrote:

Let them mine for you while you eat those pork steaks

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14598

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Che ken wrote:

ROTFLMAO

Yes, those penises are a pain in the arse...

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14600

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
[youtube:2yyibgwf][/youtube:2yyibgwf]

Wow... just.... wow...

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14602

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Che ken wrote:
[youtube:3e0hljb0][/youtube:3e0hljb0]

Wow... just.... wow...

Its not hard on a creative server as you have access to all materials. Try make that or the earth on a survival server then I'll be impressed. But still good work..

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14604

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
Its not hard on a creative server as you have access to all materials. Try make that or the earth on a survival server then I'll be impressed. But still good work..

details details, you wouldn't be able to have the same kind of fun on survival mode with these as you would on a creative server. You also can't get sponges on survival mode (soaks up any water in a 5 grid radius I think it was) unless you hack so some things are impossible to build in survival, not forgetting the amount of resources you'd need lol forget 'this took 3 hours' it'd be 'this took 3 months' to create some of the stuff I've seen! (maybe longer... the resources are there as you can see in this vid:
[youtube:3p54hv3r][/youtube:3p54hv3r]

but still... would take so long to get them!)

I'm currently just trying to find a brill spawn point, so far I've had nothing good Seems people that make vids always spawn at amazing areas

EDIT: Found one Took me 8 tries but finally a spawn point that has trees, coal and a CAVE! Before I was spawning on sand with hills for miles (walked 15 mins in all directions on 6 maps, just hills over hills no ore, not even that much rock to be seen...)

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14662

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Ok, I see some people are having trouble finding a decent star location.

So...

Never travel to far away from the spawn point, if you die, you'll spawn quite far away, I spawn right inside my property

There are always places to start building everywhere on the map, always!

As a rule, first thing is finding 3 to 5 trees and get some wood, you'll need that wood to make a pickaxe to get stone and coal asap.

Second thing is finding a cave or hillside to make the first hideout pretty fast, in case of a cave, block the remaining of the cave, so creepers (and those exploding penises) don't appear from behind (argh, this sounds ugly)

Make a few torches, yesterday was testing minecraft on a recently installed linux, and in about 5 mins I already had a home in a cave with coal around, trees and dirt to make the first walls.

In my working map, I spawn in my yard, inside my walls, in case of death. If spawn at night in a distant spot, you may and mostly will die again from the creepers if you have to travel long away to safety.

I hadn't the time yet to make a video of my workings, but will soon I have the time, atm I'm laying down lots of rails

The servers aren't up yet, due to the simple survival bug of... not dying and not be able to kill creepers or any other entity in the game, all are in god mode.. bah

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14664

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
The problem isn't what to do (I know that )

It's the location I spawn in, I've found nice spawns, but 90% of the time I'm spawning on a beach with about 2 trees in near proximity and no mountains or coal for days... I can't go underground to find some as I have no torches and I can't really do much else than go exploring for days just to find an ounce of coal.

I couldn't even build a shelter as it's dark inside it, and having a skeleton spawn in my very own home right next to me? Never fun...

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14665

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
I always try to get cool maps with huge mountains or something like that. I dont mind walking a bit before building my spot. Sometimes when im on exploring runs I build emergancy camps that just have enough space for me and 1 block open to view/kill monsters and keep track of when the light comes back.

In my snow world I built my first house on the tope of a huge mountain, finding coal and such on the way there. My third world wich is my current one I started building into a mountainside, making it look like a dwarven stronghold but now it has bridges in the air and a plan for a railroad system. But Im currently waiting for the info on what is required for Lanterns so Im saving all my iron incase I need it for them. You can see my main tower from the beach spawnpoint and the bridge system aswell, so its easy to find your way back.

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 7 months ago #14669

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I can rally assure you, there always plenty of resources nearby, i've started only 3 maps, the first one I was nooba and made a crapload, the second one, was snow, I had to edit it and remove the snow effect (it was dragging my laptop) and the third yesterday, everyone of those maps had no problems in finding a starting location nearby, my current map was really that easy.

My railroad system is almost ready! )

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds