• Page:

TOPIC: Apple does it again: reinvents water

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 3 months ago #17821

• sh4dowr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Spiddix
Grim4118 wrote:
hmmmm oh homeostasis i forgot about that lol im really focusing on my coursework at the moment ^^ when i said that it would explode your cells i wasn't really alking about the whole body. I learnt that distilled water would explode cells because the water will go into the cells instead of drawing it out. am i right??

distilled water is not exploding you its ok to drink it just tastes like shit (experienced)
http://steamsigs.com/steammini.php?id=Peerts&pngimg=dropshadow_mini2&achieve=CS:S&tborder=0

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 3 months ago #17823

• Grim4118
  • Gold Boarder
sh4dowr wrote:
Grim4118 wrote:
hmmmm oh homeostasis i forgot about that lol im really focusing on my coursework at the moment ^^ when i said that it would explode your cells i wasn't really alking about the whole body. I learnt that distilled water would explode cells because the water will go into the cells instead of drawing it out. am i right??

distilled water is not exploding you its ok to drink it just tastes like shit (experienced)

thats what pooky explained to me, but because Osmosis is the movement of water molecules through a selectively-permeable membrane down a water potential gradient, across a semi permeable membrane from an area of high water concentration to a low one ^^ then the distilled water would explode the cell. However pooky showed me that homeostasis stops this from happening in fully grown humans.

EDIT- Red Blood Cell is the one that explodes i think
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by Grim4118.

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 3 months ago #17825

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
What will happen is a process called Osmosis.

Osmosis : process by which water flows from one solvent to the other solvent when those two later are seperated by a penetrateble membrane. This 'flowing' is caused by the concentration diffirence of little parts ( like minerals, ... ) in the solvents

In this case, the cells consist all kinds of parts and destilated water is 100 % pure. So the 'fore of the flow' will be bigger then with normal water ( which consists all kinds of shit parts )

There

EDIT : damn grimm beat me to it ...

Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by Pooky.

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 3 months ago #17829

• Grim4118
  • Gold Boarder
i know my biology

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 3 months ago #17833

• sh4dowr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Spiddix
..... ok double you tee eff should've studied in my biology class lol
http://steamsigs.com/steammini.php?id=Peerts&pngimg=dropshadow_mini2&achieve=CS:S&tborder=0

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 3 months ago #17840

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Grim4118 wrote:
im doing a biology a level and i think pure water will cause your cells to explode, so you will die

As with anything, and I mean really anything, except sex, abuse will lead to several situations, you can drink pure water with no problem, well... I'm still alive at least

if you drink pure, tap water or mineral water continuously for a few hours, you might die or at least loose electrical balance, specially with mineral water with ferrous metals, and may make your heart stop.. I don't have any biology or chemical education, but read this somewhere.

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 2 months ago #17843

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
I don't have time to write a proper answer, too many lab reportsto do , but i can assure you it goes a bit further than gcse biology and cells exploding

There's still speculation about this, but here is a World Health Organisation pdf on this shizzle www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutdemineralized.pdf.

Also Grim, i finished my alevel in biology last year. I think you must have been thinking of plant cells ;P
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 2 months ago #17850

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
[quote="Pooky" post=17816]Grim4118 wrote:

Only when drinking like 10 liters of water in a couple of hours, the water will become toxic and cells'll start exploding cause of Osmosis, which might be lethal. ( I'm getting tons of biologie in uni :p )
Stay possitive Grim !

if drinking 7-8 liter of water over a short period of time, u will die of water poisoning
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 2 months ago #17864

• Redo97
  • Junior Boarder
  • Maow, I'm a dog!
And this is the reason that I wont trust Bill Gates.
Y' know, yesterday I went outside. You know what? The graphics were awesome, but the gameplay was terrible.

Re: Apple does it again: reinvents water 13 years, 2 months ago #17875

• sh4dowr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Spiddix
Redo97 wrote:
And this is the reason that I wont trust Bill Gates.

LOL
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds