• Page:

TOPIC: Bill S.978

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Bill S.978 12 years, 10 months ago #23771

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
VooDoo wrote:
Gimp wrote:
suppose lol , an lol plastic guns , they did somethin similar in uk, bb guns cant look exactly like real guns or somin

Yes I've seen this also, BB guns have to be a bright warm color (Red, Yellow or Orange) and "AIRSOFT GUNS" have to be a bright cold colour such as (Blue, Cyan or green)

Pretty good law, means you cant get muddled up anymore HAHA anyway, still stupid

aye but hav the government not heard of matt black spray paint for 5 quid
GIMP!!!

Re: Bill S.978 12 years, 10 months ago #23826

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
why oppose? let them shoot themselves in the foot. I cant wait for them to introduce all this stupid "copyright" protection laws and see all the innovation come from outside of the us in the future

Re: Bill S.978 12 years, 10 months ago #23828

• Liquid Snake
they will just be like this and i think it fits!

Re: Bill S.978 12 years, 10 months ago #23844

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:
why oppose? let them shoot themselves in the foot. I cant wait for them to introduce all this stupid "copyright" protection laws and see all the innovation come from outside of the us in the future

Thats a very interesting point of view, but, Innovation, most of what we see and have to be considered good quality, comes from europe with very few rare exceptions, Americas sell themselves as being the best cause they are expensive, I work in an american company.. you guys have no idea... geeee zuuusss

Re: Bill S.978 12 years, 10 months ago #23867

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
thats not true. Most comes still from USA. And one big advantage they still have is silicon valley. It doesnt matter if u "come" from europe. If u have a good plan and moeny, you go to silicon valley goes thats where all the brains are (networking etc). But they've been very slowly loosing that huge advantage, we will see what happens (spotify ->europian)

Re: Bill S.978 12 years, 10 months ago #23955

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Anyone interested into building a decent video sharing site in Europe? It's not that hard to start, about 500k€ and if it really passes, it would grow pretty fast, however I have the perfect notion of the numbers the move Youtube, they are so massive..

I know about silicon valey, that was an world option to build it, the usa was called by its time as the land of opportunity, but in the last 15 years and growing pretty fast since the 9/11, they are in absolute vertical way down to a complete splat where they will understand they cannot fabricate their own money and be considered valuable, also shifting most of their "nation movers industries" over to china was shipload of crap, sinking economy.

So if they continue to cripple natural expansion, they will shrink and maybe drag china with them (that would be nice).

BTW, after doing some math around YT and what they post about their numbers, around january they were saving 24h of videos per minute, averages 60G of data per minute saved on disk, 1Gb per second, plus serving it around 1000 times more off disk into the network (I'm thinking small so I won't freakout).

So, a few 10 acres of machines can deliver this kind of numbers and thousands of peering connections.. HUUUUGGGGEEE in computer terms.

However, if it passes, the giant will get squashed and only things like mystery guitar man (and even him won't be able to do covers) will be able to go live on yt... cool heh...

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds