Username Password: Remember me

Wcs TestChange for the Greater good
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19629

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
I have disabled the Restriction version ran by the wcs mod. This is the version that the races use ( thanks for the idea ds)

The one that's ran with SS is a keeper, cause that one takes care of map restrictions like in awp maps ( awp only ). That mod has been tested over and over again by others, so i hope that one isn't the partycrasher.

EDIT : * Ds check your pm's
* I'll disable the weapon restrictions from SS later tonight. See if the server crashes from now till then. After i've disabled the SS version, we'll check again... What a job

Last Edit: 13 years ago by Pooky.

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19630

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
server is up for over 2 hours and a half now, that's a record from the recent days.

edit: crash at 14:18 GMT
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Last Edit: 13 years ago by M3ntoz.

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19634

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
timeleft, nextmap and those kind of things dont seem to be wrkin, rtv is. time: 15:41
GIMP!!!
Last Edit: 13 years ago by Gimp.

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19636

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
heads up, SS restrictions now dissabled.

EDIT: just had a lagg spike for 30 secs, game resumed for 10 sec and then crashed. This points towards an overload ?

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19643

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Day is almost over.
My personal oppion is that the crashes did reduce, but didn't completely disappear.
Server votes tell me that the amount stayed the same...

We'll keep trying to work on other things ( effects, complementary mods etc ) and hopefully come to a solution

Thanks for the comprehension

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19645

• Mr.Moo
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah, I'm waiting on a message back from Tunes, then I'll investigate other WCS servers to see if we can compare.

Pooky: Could you make your topic titles more specific next time please ? I thought this was about CSS.
Mentoz: It's in the Minecraft thread...
Pooky: Balls D:

Pooky Failed.

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19646

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
The server is hosted on a dedicated server and the specs are: E6600 2 x 2.4-2GB-Raptor10k.

It should certainly be sufficient for the purposes. We had a beast before and I believe the crashes were still happening. We are (as I write this) utilising around 33% of the server cpu and 800mb of the 2 gig memory. I'll keep an eye when the server is full though.

My gut instinct is that the mod itself, or a combination of plugins, will be the cause. We've removed a number tonight for testing in hopes that we can eliminate the issue. WCS is a very complex mod with lots happening. We are also running SourceMod in tandem with Eventscripts. It might be worth disabling SourceMod for a day purely for ruling out purposes? We'd lose in-game admin but it would eliminate a large 'grey-area'?

We could also disable some of the other servers for a day to see if this helps?
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random
Last Edit: 13 years ago by DreamState.

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19647

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
have you tried running it on empty server and see if it crashes? (or maybe with bots)

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19648

DreamState wrote:
The server is hosted on a dedicated server and the specs are: E6600 2 x 2.4-2GB-Raptor10k.

It should certainly be sufficient for the purposes. We had a beast before and I believe the crashes were still happening. We are (as I write this) utilising around 33% of the server cpu and 800mb of the 2 gig memory. I'll keep an eye when the server is full though.

My gut instinct is that the mod itself, or a combination of plugins, will be the cause. We've removed a number tonight for testing in hopes that we can eliminate the issue. WCS is a very complex mod with lots happening. We are also running SourceMod in tandem with Eventscripts. It might be worth disabling SourceMod for a day purely for ruling out purposes? We'd lose in-game admin but it would eliminate a large 'grey-area'?

We could also disable some of the other servers for a day to see if this helps?

If we do this on a work day I can sit on twk chat with hlsw on my phone

Re: Wcs TestChange for the Greater good 13 years ago #19649

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
Thanks for the idea's guys.

I like the idea to disable sourcemod for a day, some admins got rcon, so we'd still be able to admin it. That way we could indeed rule out a big possible cause.

Cheers

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds