• Page:

TOPIC: All Your Bases

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 2 months ago #17569

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
NEZ wrote:
liger wrote:
are u shitting me? u telling me u build that block by block?

hell yeah you build it block by block. its great because you have to work to make your creation, unlike in some other games like garrys mod, and it gives you a real sense of achievement when you make something. minecraft is awesome.

oh now i see. GReat job, here is what you achieved:

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 2 months ago #17575

Liger, there is a massive flaw in your argument.

You say there is no point in minecraft, that you don't achieve anything, so then what's the point in any game? When you win a cs:s game, you don't get anything, but a sense of pride, like when you finish a house on miecraft, and you like it, and other people get impressed. And you can even go on to say that for life it's self.

ALSO, in terms of games, there is plenty to achieve! Make a trap that works, get diamond, get every die, get obsidian, go to the nether, kill a ghast with it's own fireball, get a record by killing a creeper with an archers arrow, there's loads of stuff.

Achievement Unlocked?
I think so.

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 2 months ago #17578

• sh4dowr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Spiddix
PeanutAlmighty wrote:

You say there is no point in minecraft, that you don't achieve anything, so then what's the point in any game? When you win a cs:s game, you don't get anything, but a sense of pride, like when you finish a house on miecraft, and you like it, and other people get impressed. And you can even go on to say that for life it's self.

ALSO, in terms of games, there is plenty to achieve! Make a trap that works, get diamond, get every die, get obsidian, go to the nether, kill a ghast with it's own fireball, get a record by killing a creeper with an archers arrow, there's loads of stuff.

Achievement Unlocked?
I think so.

lol achievement unlocked: you made my day
http://steamsigs.com/steammini.php?id=Peerts&pngimg=dropshadow_mini2&achieve=CS:S&tborder=0

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 2 months ago #17583

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
PeanutAlmighty wrote:

You say there is no point in minecraft,
didnt say that
that you don't achieve anything,

that, i did
so then what's the point in any game? When you win a cs:s game, you don't get anything, but a sense of pride,

Point of every game is to have fun where sense of "progression" is very important. The only way you know you won it, is because you see the score. Take away the score in css, gold and specifications of items in WoW and so on, and the game becomes very dull very fast.

like when you finish a house on miecraft, and you like it, and other people get impressed. And you can even go on to say that for life it's self.

Thats the thing, its not impressive if not only for the amount of time u need. Also the fact that the very same thing can be done in minutes with the "tools" takes away from the creation being "impressive"

That would be ok for a game from 1995. But it is still a beta...

I know the feeling you have when u build or complete something big. Im a big fan of simcity and transport tycoon deluxe and the like (where you could say its also "pointless"Wink but this is finished for like 3/10th
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by liger.

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 2 months ago #17596

• sh4dowr
  • Gold Boarder
  • Spiddix
took you long nuff
http://steamsigs.com/steammini.php?id=Peerts&pngimg=dropshadow_mini2&achieve=CS:S&tborder=0

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 1 month ago #18306

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
I'm starting a new world called 'City through the Ages' will post screenshots of it when I'm fone with the basic part of it (aka Spawn Street) and show my progress as I go. Expect it'll take me a few months to finish, as I'm going to need lots of sand, lots of wood, lots of wool, lots of obsidian, lots of glass, lots of clay, lots of... well... everything
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redo97

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 1 month ago #18308

Nice nice.
I've started working on my tower again, It's looking good ;D

Will post ofc.

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 1 month ago #18310

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Oh btw, NEVER try making a similar version of Minecraft forums 'show me your epic' tree without inventory editors... It's worse than my city will be!

www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=117440

Please note: That thread will make any build you have ever made seem like a miniature ant in the world of minecraft, looking at the reality of true gods in the making. You have been warned.

Re: All Your Bases 13 years, 1 month ago #18312

• deN
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ŔēąĹıƬy
Che ken wrote:
Oh btw, NEVER try making a similar version of Minecraft forums 'show me your epic' tree without inventory editors... It's worse than my city will be!

www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=117440

Please note: That thread will make any build you have ever made seem like a miniature ant in the world of minecraft, looking at the reality of true gods in the making. You have been warned.

hellu
Waltz: srsly i got all but the last checkpoint and all other ones i got all check points im the best

Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by deN.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds