Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Server Reset
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Server Reset

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34513

sh4z wrote:
I like your pony ForlornRanger. That is all. also this thread has lots of potential goodness.

Gee, thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34514

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
ForlornRanger wrote:
If it's not really an issue programming-wise as you say, why not just put it to a straight vote on the forums to see if the majority want a fresh restart or items carrying over?
Because it's not about what the majority want, it's what will best suit the reset, how easy it will be to manage, and whether it's a good idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34524

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
Might as well lock this thread then since what the majority wants isnt important. j/k

Seriously though I will support whatever the admins decide.
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by sh4z.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadow343179

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34525

• Fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
So again on the reset thing. I'm more inclined to keep my stuff. primarily vanity stuff like enchanting tables and brewing stations. Mcmmo stats not being reset is understandable but mine arent particularly high. i know people have sat and ground out things like unarmed, so even if i get to bring a diamond sword they can just disarm me. so the people who have been on the server longer will still have an advantage. not sure why we cant have nice things like that so the masters of weaponry can taste my splash harming potion justice!

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34526

• Fitz
  • Fresh Boarder
but ultimately its your guys' decision and im sticking around regardless. is a good server

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34527

• Krudox
  • Fresh Boarder
I personally would prefer a full reset (My faction got disbanded because of inactivity, so I dont really have anything anyways). And also if people want to keep their bases and such, then maybe you can make the world downloadable somehow. Unless its like 20tb big :p

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34528

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yeah, the world will be absolutely huge, so that wouldn't be an option xD

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34529

• nuckyi
  • Expert Boarder
I wouldnt mind a reset, i like mining. i dont know if a limit of 40k would be good or not. lets hope 1.5 comes out soon. knowing that a reset is comming makes me not want to build.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34530

As long as mcmmo stays, Im happy. If dat reset, Id be gone.. xD Too much work on da mcmmo.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34533

• 117derek
  • Senior Boarder
Another idea:
Maybe you can leave the old server alone for whoever wants to go on it, but just do absolutely nothing with it, and start a new server with absolutely 0 skill levels and stuff... You get what I'm saying, or am I just rambling? Anyway, my ideas are mostly impossible, so this probably is too...
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds