Server Reset
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Server Reset

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34469

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Chifilly wrote:
Unfortunately, that a risk we may need to take. Resets have happened before, and most people were fine with it, but we did lose a few regulars. We obviously appreciate the members we have, but we can get new members (not trying to sound douchey or anything, just being realistic)

Not only this but I can and will add that ALL servers reset sometime.. this time has come around again for us to do the same.. its a major update and without a reset the server will be lacking alot of new elements that the game has to offer.

Not only ^that but if people are going to quit over a reset then they are forever going to be shuffling from server to server.. I for one do not mind re-building everything, people may say "Well your an admin, you don't have to work for your stuff" and my reply is, well.. I don't HAVE to work for my stuff.. but I choose to play legit unless I want to just have a quick mess about (Which I use the other worlds we have to do, they are filled with random junk that I've built )
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeneralDonno, sh4z

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34470

• razanga
  • Fresh Boarder
Ender chests and inventories should be reset. In one ender chest you can pretty much put everything you need/valuables in it. If we do get to keep items, I agree with Chifilly that it should only be ender chests, not inventories.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34471

• Postal291
  • Senior Boarder
Whether or not we need a reset isn't in question here, we're having one.

I feel that it should be a fresh start. We'll still have our mcmmo scores, so that's something that can be used to our advantage for a new beginning.

+1 for punching trees.
Order from chaos. Pride from prejudice. Honor through action. Be the best you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34472

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Postal291 wrote:
+1 for punching trees.
Tree punching all the way! xD

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34473

• 117derek
  • Senior Boarder
I'd say let everybody bring 3 items over. Let them only have 3 items in their inventory before the reset, and if they have more, delete everything. No enderchests. I really don't know how much work this would take, but it's just an idea...
Not like you'll listen to me or anything... I wouldn't.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34474

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
117derek wrote:
I'd say let everybody bring 3 items over. Let them only have 3 items in their inventory before the reset, and if they have more, delete everything. No enderchests. I really don't know how much work this would take, but it's just an idea...
That's actually a nice idea, but it would be way too hard to manage

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34475

• 117derek
  • Senior Boarder
I thought so... I kinda realized that after the fact. You'd have to check the inventories of every single player on the server...

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34477

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
117derek wrote:

Besides you being banned, that won't be possible, as fiddling with each inv can be kind of piss to do.. afterall, it's only around 8000 users data ...

I'm inclined to clean everything and give a starter kit (similar to what already happens.

This means, resetting invs, factions, money, everything except mcmmo levels (then again.. why not)

About losing users... well, we've lost lots of players, and gained new ones over resets, we are kinda used to it.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34478

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I know it's kinda upsetting when peoples builds get reset, but I think McMMO stats is treading a bit too far in my opinion, because it is a HUGE grind and I can guarantee everyone will be pissed if they get reset (including me). And obviously, if you delete the alternative world (specifically the Challenges world) I will hunt you down and murder you with a rusty spoon! xD

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34483

Only issue I would have is that I spent quite awhile building my lovely new house, Still moving into it, then I find out that the build will be reset.. Other than that, Diams etc wont be too hard to get back, Its As long as my mcmmo stats dont die..
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds