Sunday, May 05, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Server Reset
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Server Reset

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34459

Not real a fresh start if you can take all of the diamonds and your entire house over.... just dissemble then reassemble
Thanks,

GeneralDonno

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34460

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
GeneralDonno wrote:
Not real a fresh start if you can take all of the diamonds and your entire house over.... just dissemble then reassemble

Agreed, I vote for not keeping ANY items, no inventory or enderchest. the reasons being:

1. You ask for a fresh start and yet want to keep items?
2. Keeping items gives an unfair advantage and the people that are good in this world will stay good in the next
3. Putting everything you want to keep in enderchest is silly, stuff isn't really hard to get anyway.. a stack of diamonds would take around and 2 or 3 hours if your not an idiot (perhaps even less)

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34461

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Was reading on the future 1-5 release (when, no one knows), and it includes rendering changes, so a map reset will be in order.

About invs and ender chests, it's open to discussion.

Skyblock remains, normal worlds will be reset, and maybe will configure something to reset the the end level every now and then.

Food spawners will change but will be there, but will figure out how to control them, things like afk food spawning angers me

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34462

I personally would prefer it if we were able to keep inv/enderchest.
Just my two cents.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34463

• gracielynn
  • Senior Boarder
We should be able to have our stuff transferred. That way, we can at least have some stuff.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34464

At least transfer enderchests, and inv so we can have a good start. thx

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34465

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
If we are to transfer anything (which I think is dumb, because it's a reset for a reason) it would just be Ender Chests. Both Ender Chest and Inventory is too much to carry over in my opinion, and like VooDoo said, the good people in this world will have a huge advantage over people who are new or haven't got as much stuff, and it would be unfair. My vote still goes towards nothing carried over.
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by Chifilly.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34466

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
AfriendlyPaedo wrote:
Aw, sad to see yet another restart but some fair points have been said. Also, I think that the ender chest and invent transfer would be a good idea which most people will like. That said, it won't really be a restart if we take a double chestful of our precious materials. Also would it be possible to carry over shops world?
Lots of love

--PedoBear--

(p.s Can someone tell me how to get my signature at the end of every comment i post.)
A quick addition to this (didn't see it before) like Tunes said, only the main world, the nether and the end will be reset -_-
The following user(s) said Thank You: sh4z

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34467

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
Well It's either all or nothing IMO. Personally I would be okay with a reset; but I wouldn't drag the decision on and on.

People who live for the conflict/raiding side of things and not so much the building probably wont care about a map reset. Others will see the positive sides of a reset and accept it

I think plenty of people have put a lot of time into their creative work; and may not take kindly to see all their built stuff just pissed away (This could be a game killing event for some; like /ragequit, Or so disappointed that you can't even contemplate doing it over...)

Speaking from experience a similar thing happened to the old server I used to play on and basically a lot of the regulars never came back. I sort of felt the same way and found a new place (TWK!). If you're fine with people not coming back, this could be good!

Cheers
Last Edit: 11 years, 2 months ago by sh4z.

Re: Server Reset 11 years, 2 months ago #34468

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
sh4z wrote:
Well It's either all or nothing IMO. Personally I would be okay with a reset; but I wouldn't drag the decision on and on.

People who live for the conflict/raiding side of things and not so much the building probably wont care about a map reset. Others will see the positive sides of a reset and accept it

I think plenty of people have put a lot of time into their creative work; and may not take kindly to see all their built stuff just pissed away (This could be a game killing event for some; like /ragequit, Or so disappointed that you can't even contemplate doing it over...)

Speaking from experience a similar thing happened to the old server I used to play on and basically a lot of the regulars never came back. I sort of felt the same way and found a new place (TWK!). If you're fine with people not coming back, this could be good!

Cheers
Unfortunately, that a risk we may need to take. Resets have happened before, and most people were fine with it, but we did lose a few regulars. We obviously appreciate the members we have, but we can get new members (not trying to sound douchey or anything, just being realistic)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeneralDonno, sh4z
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds