Username Password: Remember me

Minecraft 1.8 update
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Minecraft 1.8 update

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26117

• Liquid Snake
Tunes wrote:
Well, I had idea it would happen, but now I'm certain.

About the current server maps.

The creative map won't have any alterations of what it currently is, but the creative mode will be no doubt a lot better and without a load of server mod and client mods, like true classic creative mode, so there are no worries there, the map will stay as it is.

The Realms map will have a few modifications, mainly the spanw point will move (and leave the current) into a newly generated position, of course atm I have no idea where, as I will have to travel he map to look for a nice location, so, the current work will not be touched or thrown away, instead the spawn will move into a new location, keeping both spawn points active won't happen, so by the time of the update, when you press spawn, you'll travel into newly generated maps.

About mods and mmo levels, I have no idea how they will behave with the adventure update, factions and claimed territory will for sure work (i hope) as economy, Notch hasn't touched the subject, so I guess the vanilla server won't have economy support leaving that option for modders.

The game is looking pretty sweet and I can't wait to start updating our servers with 1.8

As usual, every update brings downtime and problems with mods and plugins, so in a couple of weeks the 1.8 will be released and I expect minimum downtime as I tend to keep the server well up to speed with releases.

maybe you should start thinking about wiping both maps tunes that way the newly generated maps includes rivers,canyons mine shafts and the bigger dungeons its isnt needed on both but it be cool to have the new maps from scratch on the survival sure we would have to start over but it will be fresh adn its nothing nobody can recover from in a short amount of time
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by .

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26129

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I agree on wiping the survival one as with a "real" landscape its much more fun exploring. But dont wipe the creative one as it has some really nice buildings on it.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26133

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
A bird told me 8th September there maybe some newssssss

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26136

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
Tunes wrote:

Hope that bird is right and i wont have to cook it and sell it to the chinese grocery store's

Edit: Who eats birds
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by FrogyFace.

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26137

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
FrogyFace wrote:
Tunes wrote:

Hope that bird is right and i wont have to cook it and sell it to the chinese grocery store's

...chicken.
GIMP!!!

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26138

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
Gimp wrote:
FrogyFace wrote:
Tunes wrote:

...chicken.

When you say "Chicken" i dont count it in the "Birds" category, i count it in the "Must be killed and be eaten" category

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26139

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
FrogyFace wrote:
Gimp wrote:
FrogyFace wrote:
Tunes wrote:

...chicken.

When you say "Chicken" i dont count it in the "Birds" category, i count it in the "Must be killed and be eaten" category

lol
GIMP!!!

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26140

• FrogyFace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Frog!
Gimp wrote:
FrogyFace wrote:
Gimp wrote:
FrogyFace wrote:
Tunes wrote:

...chicken.

lol

Funny that i was eating chicken a few minutes before posting this comment without thinking about this
Edit: Its quite rare that i eat chicken even if its tasty

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26144

• NEZ
  • Gold Boarder
FrogyFace wrote:
Gimp wrote:
FrogyFace wrote:
Gimp wrote:
FrogyFace wrote:
Tunes wrote:

...chicken.

lol

Funny that i was eating chicken a few minutes before posting this comment without thinking about this
Edit: Its quite rare that i eat chicken even if its tasty

chicken is delicious
Hic canet erranté Lunam, Solis; labores Arcturù;, pluuias; hyad. géinos; trióes.
Last Edit: 12 years, 8 months ago by NEZ.

Re: Minecraft 1.8 update 12 years, 8 months ago #26146

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I just wonder how the heck a minecraft update topic goes into cuisine discussion... explains the randomness I find in the mc maps

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds