(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34651

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Seriously... we're getting instant break obsidian again -_- jesus, it's too overpowered. Obsidian is meant to take a long time to break, that's why it's coded into Minecraft to be like that. If you use superbreaker with an Efficiency 4 pickaxe, it breaks in less than a second. What's the freakin' problem -_-
The following user(s) said Thank You: VooDoo

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34652

• sh4z
  • Expert Boarder
  • Minecraft Addict
It's not enabled yet. I don't think of it in terms of powerfulness, it's more just like a useful feature for collecting ore and obsidian. Yep, it's supposed to take a long time in vanilla, that's why we make mods for that. It's not a problem - just Instant break is faster.

Anything that takes less time to do (IMO) is better. Especially when the result is the same quality! It means you can collect more in the same time frame. (Whatever that is) which means you can build quicker! or whatever it is your collecting for.

I had a chat with Rena last night, and if you want to can my idea in favor of the new one I'm okay with it.

Cheers
I thought it might be a long shot anyway! Thanks Tunes for giving it a go
Last Edit: 11 years ago by sh4z. Reason: Fixed spelling mistake/ re-worded to make point clear.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34653

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
Yes, I know instant break is faster, but it's "meant" to take a long time to break it
It shouldn't be easy to break the strongest mineable block in the game instantly just by right clicking! It's balance we want to keep intact, not ease of gameplay
I've talked to Tunes, and he told me he won't enable it since all the admins disagree with the decision (and I hope he'll follow throw with that)
The following user(s) said Thank You: VooDoo

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34656

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Well, sorry sh4z, I've tested with it on and off, and it's really way to easy. being as it is, takes less than a second to break obsidian, of course I've tested with my uber mmo powers.

As so, taking side with all admins and more, we've decided not to enable the feature.

off topic, overpowered factions. it's has been discused on and off, and it will stay on, as it allows to create another ranking method, which wasn't available before, so I like it.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34657

• VooDoo
  • ✪ TheWalross ✪ ERRY DAY
Tunes wrote:
off topic, overpowered factions. it's has been discussed on and off, and it will stay on, as it allows to create another ranking method, which wasn't available before, so I like it.

But something you need to think about, you said you will add a limit to the world so there will be more raiding and such, but raiding is neigh on impossible when someone has 500+ power, 10 claimed plots and base made of obsidian (So the BIG factions are impossible to raid) unless you kill them 150+ times.

(Just my opinion)
Thanks.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34659

To put what voodoo is saying into perspective, our faction has a total of 1302 max power and 23 land. If my maths is correct, its probobly not, and you loose 4 power for dying, you would need to kill our faction members roughly 314 times to claim over our land. There are 5 of us in the faction so it become a LITTLE more reasonable.

The faction Regster. 1004 max power, 4 land, 1 person. Untouchable unless they are spawn killed repeatedly which would get the killer banned.

I love the idea of being able to increase your faction power of OverPowered factions spring to mind especially when you can get the power through killing hostile mobs.
Thanks,

GeneralDonno

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34660

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
I will change a few things, maybe killing hostile mobs won't add power, just pvp'ing

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34661

Awesome, just didn't want to end up with people leaving because you can't raid anyone
Thanks,

GeneralDonno

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34662

• reacT
  • Expert Boarder
If only the plugin creator(s) added a function where you could divide max power by number of users within a faction.

*edit* or should i say, times by a negative multiplier depending on players (lol).

Join the League of Legends and Start playing!
Last Edit: 11 years ago by reacT.

Re: [mcMMO] Re-Add SuperBreaker Insta-Break Behaviour 11 years ago #34663

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
reacT wrote:
If only the plugin creator(s) added a function where you could divide max power by number of users within a faction.

*edit* or should i say, times by a negative multiplier depending on players (lol).
That would be a perfect solution, but they're obviously not clever enough ;P I would do it myself, but that would require decompiling the plugin, altering the base source code, recompiling and sending it to Tunes, which for 1 is way too much effort, and also if the plugin gets updated, I would have to do it again xD
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds