WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29871

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
Hmm anyway I think it could be Alyx Vance thats causing it and it shouldn't be on the server anymore anyway so we just need to remove it again.

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29878

• reacT
  • Expert Boarder
I strongly suggest we look at a long-term solution for these problems. I say everytime the server gets worse.

1. Stop adding things until we have a fix.

2. Add things one by one and play test, and every other race to see if there are any adverse effects.

Well, I think the server is maybe past the point of no return now anyway, it's been too long since we have a fully functional server, and quite frankly we have even less players than ever before, this is seriously impacting the servers' popularity, and even I admit, it's not fun to play on any more.

I assume the races.ini was rolled back to an older version. I still strongly believe a full server reinstall is in order, and we need to take it slow, and add race by race. honestly, I know people are busy and whatever but if people have the time to break the server in the first place, surely they have the time to take a little extra care and do the process more slowly.

Join the League of Legends and Start playing!

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29882

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
reacT wrote:
I strongly suggest we look at a long-term solution for these problems. I say everytime the server gets worse.

2. Add things one by one and play test, and every other race to see if there are any adverse effects.

Well, I think the server is maybe past the point of no return now anyway, it's been too long since we have a fully functional server, and quite frankly we have even less players than ever before, this is seriously impacting the servers' popularity, and even I admit, it's not fun to play on any more.

I assume the races.ini was rolled back to an older version. I still strongly believe a full server reinstall is in order, and we need to take it slow, and add race by race. honestly, I know people are busy and whatever but if people have the time to break the server in the first place, surely they have the time to take a little extra care and do the process more slowly.

to bad some people have to study and don't got hours and hours to be busy with the servers.
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29885

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
that would take quite a bit of time if needed i can help around the summer holidays once my exams are finished and im sure a couple others have a similar situation.
GIMP!!!

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29886

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
I spend a lot of time on anyway so I'm sure I can help with anything that is needed.

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29887

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
I'd try and help, but I'm not sure I'd know what I'm doing. The only server I've run is a Garry's Mod build server, so not an expert with CSS WCS
Well I finish University for the year on Friday, so I'll be fairly free until the 9th January, but obviously Christmas and New Year will take away from my time, and not seeing my mum for 4 months will make her want to spend time with me too

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29890

• reacT
  • Expert Boarder
M3ntoz wrote:
reacT wrote:

to bad some people have to study and don't got hours and hours to be busy with the servers.

An easy solution to this would be to appoint someone who does have the time then I guess? we're getting nowhere like this.

Join the League of Legends and Start playing!

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29920

• Pooky
  • Official TWK Admin
I reistalled the wcs server and updated it to the newest version while i was at it.
For now weapon restrictions are bugged and disabled, normally a fixing update for that will follow soon.
I hope this made the server 'playable' again

I didn't ask everyone's arguements why they can't help TWK wcs, i just wanted to illustrate that i don't
Have much lesure time. So i won't be coding much in the near future. Everyone is free to give it a shot, it' no rocket sience and in the end the satisfaction after doing somethig good is fun. You can mess around with skillcodes, all kinds of effects and configs and most importantly make it a better server for everyone to play on. Proof that i'm not lying ? I've been doing this for nearly 3 years now and still enjoy it...

I must admit it's been tough coding during the last 12 months the mod has been making great progress and has become more stable

If you are interested and have soms time to spare check the warcraft-source forums and check out their tutorials

Greets

Last Edit: 12 years, 4 months ago by Pooky.

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29925

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
ty pooky an might have a crack at coding during christmas holidays or something
GIMP!!!

Re: WCS ERROR REPORT TOPIC 12 years, 4 months ago #29952

• xciting
  • Gold Boarder
yep, i think i will spend some time in coding ( very interested in it) during the christmas holidays too
add me on steam dvx_starn1
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds